Vocabulary From Classical Roots Book C Lesson 7
For kids who need to learn their vocabulary!
n. A home; residence.
1. adj. Related to family or household.
2. Tame; trained to live with humans.
3. Indigenous to a particular country; native.
n. Range of one's control, territory.
tr. and intr. To dominate; to be bossy.
Control; rule; area of influence.
Asleep; not in an active state.
To walk while sleeping.
adj. 1. Drowsy; sleepy.
2. Causing sleep.
n. Washing of the body, especially as a ritual purification.
n. 1. A downpour, a great flood.
tr. v. 2. To flood.
tr. v. 1. To take away something belonging to someone, especially a right, title, property; to possess.
2. To strip away, especially clothes.
n. A cermony in which a person formally receives the authority and symbols of an office.
n. An absurd or inferior imitation.
n. A garment that indicates position or authority; especially the robes worn by clergy.
adj. 1. A concern for something from which a person expects to get personal benefit. (used with interest)
2. Dressed, especially in vestments.
3. Absolute; without a question.