5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Proclamation of 1763
- The Albany Congress
- a civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
- b agreement between nations to aid and protect one another against other countries
- c an act from Britian that barred the colonists from building settlements west of the Appalachian Mts. Created mainly to prevent further conflicts with native americans.
- d a soldier who fights for any country or group that will pay him
- e A meeting, in Albany NY, of colonial leaders called by the British government to ask to colonies to agree to help defend themselves against the French.
5 Multiple choice questions
- organized campaign or plan to refuse to buy certain goods or services
- Was a war fought by French and English on American soil over control of the Ohio River Valley-- English defeated French in1763. Historical Significance: established England as number one world power and began to gradually change attitudes of the colonists toward England for the worse.
- a formal written request for government action
- war that occured when the leader of the Ottawa nation ,Pontiac, led attacks on British troops and settlements throughtout western lands.
- to give up, surrender; to hand over to another
5 True/False questions
Repeal → to give up, surrender; to hand over to another
George Washington → 21 year old surveyor in the Virginia Militia. Elected as our first President of the USA.
Coercive Acts/Intolerable Acts → in response to the Boston Tea Party, Parliament passes 4 acts in 1774- Port of Boston is closed, reduced power of assemblies in colonies, permitted royal officers to be tried in Britain, strengthened the 1765 Quartering Act.
The Stamp Act → Lawyer who defended British soldiers in the Boston Massacre trial. He believed in "innocent until proven guilty." In spite of these actions, he supported colonial independence.
Duty → to give up, surrender; to hand over to another