5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Samuel Adams
- French and Indian War
- The Albany Congress
- a organized campaign or plan to refuse to buy certain goods or services
- b Was a war fought by French and English on American soil over control of the Ohio River Valley-- English defeated French in1763. Historical Significance: established England as number one world power and began to gradually change attitudes of the colonists toward England for the worse.
- c to give up, surrender; to hand over to another
- d A meeting, in Albany NY, of colonial leaders called by the British government to ask to colonies to agree to help defend themselves against the French.
- e A leader of the Sons of Liberty. Adams suggested the formation of the Committees of Correspondence and fought for colonial rights throughout New England.
5 Multiple choice questions
- civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army
- in response to the Boston Tea Party, Parliament passes 4 acts in 1774- Port of Boston is closed, reduced power of assemblies in colonies, permitted royal officers to be tried in Britain, strengthened the 1765 Quartering Act.
- volunteer citizen soldiers who were ready to fight in a moments notice
- import tax
- agreement between nations to aid and protect one another against other countries
5 True/False questions
Mercenaries → a soldier who fights for any country or group that will pay him
Pontiac's War → war that occured when the leader of the Ottawa nation ,Pontiac, led attacks on British troops and settlements throughtout western lands.
The Proclamation of 1763 → an act from Britian that barred the colonists from building settlements west of the Appalachian Mts. Created mainly to prevent further conflicts with native americans.
Repeal → official end
Blockade → the shutting of a port to keep people or supplies from moving in or out