5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alpha hydroxy acids
- cream masks
- a European term describing areas of diffuse redness and dilated red capillaries.
- b Sealed glass vials containing highly concentrated extract in a water or oil base.
- c Acids derived from plants, mostly fruit, and used to exfoliate the skin
- d Form of petrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out; used mainly for massaging the arms.
- e Mask treatments for dry skin that do not harden or dry on the face.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Procedure or condition that requires avoding certain treatment to prevent undesirable side effects.
- Substances that help speed up the breakdon of the keratin, the protein of skin.
- Massage movement accomplished by grasping the flesh firmly in one hand and moving the hand up and down along the bone while the other hand keeps the arm or leg in a steady position.
- Electrical facial treatment.
- Chemical exfoliants that involve the use of enzymes that help speed up the breakdown of keratin, the protein in skin.
5 True/False questions
cathode → a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
closed comedones → Clogged follicles just under trhe skin surface.
exfoliation → Removal of excess dead cells from the skin surface.
exfoliants → Removal of excess dead cells from the skin surface.
Alipidic → Skin that does not produce enough sebum, indicated by absence of visble pores.