5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- keratolytic enzymes
- closed comedones
- a Substances that absorb moisture or promote the retention of moisture.
- b Substances that help speed up the breakdon of the keratin, the protein of skin.
- c Clogged follicles just under trhe skin surface.
- d Skin that does not produce enough sebum, indicated by absence of visble pores.
- e Electrical facial treatment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mask treatments for dry skin that do not harden or dry on the face.
- therapeutic use of essential oils
- Sealed glass vials containing highly concentrated extract in a water or oil base.
- Wash-off product that contains a surfacant.
- Special cosmetic preparations applied to the face to tighten, tone, hydrate, and nourish the skin.
5 True/False questions
light therapy → Electrical facial treatment.
contraindication → Procedure or condition that requires avoding certain treatment to prevent undesirable side effects.
friction → Deep rubbing movement requiring pressure on the skin with the fingers or palm while moving them over an underlying structure.
gommage → enzyme peels in which a cream is applied to the skin before steaming and forms a hardened crust that is then massaged or rolled off the skin also called vegtal peeling
electrode → a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device