How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Sci. 6 Ch.2 Vocabulary
- the tendency of a mineral to break along flat surfaces.
- a solid substance in which the atoms are arranged in an orderly, repeating, three-dimensional pattern.
- the amount of matter in a given space.
- a substance that contains only one type of atom.
- the tendency of a mineral to break along curved or irregular surfaces.
- the resistance of a mineral to being scratched.
- the way the surface of a mineral reflects light.
- a substance that forms in nature, has a definite chemical makeup, and has a crystal structure.
- the color of powder left behind when a mineral is scraped across a surface.
- a tile of unglazed porcelain, used as a tool by geologists to identify minerals by their streak.
- the scale used to measure hardness