Review Lesson 1-4
Terms in this set (40)
1. Crash together with violent impact.
2. Be incompatible.
An instrument that measures atmospheric pressure.
Enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering.
1. Break the skin (of a body part) by scraping
2. Scrape gently
1. Emerge from the eggs; of birds, fish, or reptiles.
2. Devise or invent.
1. Get or find back; recover the use of.
2. Recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection.
A restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner).
A minor short-term fight.
Perceptible especially by the eye; or open to easy view.
1. Relating to or using sight.
2. Able to be seen.
Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
Conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual.
1. An outward semblance that misrepresents the true nature of something.
2. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background.
3. The act of concealing the identity of something by modifying its appearance.
To have a strong desire for something.
An event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future.
1. Marked by prudence or modesty and wise self-restraint.
2. Unobtrusively perceptive and sympathetic.
3. Heedful of potential consequences.
1. An article of clothing.
2. Provide with clothes or put clothes on.
1. A crafty and involved plot to achieve your (usually sinister) ends.
2. Cause to be interested or curious.
1. The practical application of science to commerce or industry.
2. The discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems.
Listening or watching carefully.
1. Form the substance of.
2. Write music.
3. Produce a literary work.
4. Calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet.
1. Deprive of freedom; take into confinement.
2. Stop or halt.
1. Add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing.
2. Marked by complexity and richness of detail.
A boat that transports people or vehicles across a body of water and operates on a regular schedule.
1. Characterized by enmity or ill will.
2. Very unfreindly.
1. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
2. Leave undone or leave out.
1. Having precise or logical relevance to the matter at hand.
2. Being of striking appropriateness and pertinence.
Status established in order of importance or urgency.
1. Make compatible with.
1. An army unit usually consisting of a headquarters and three or more companies.
2. A large indefinite number.
The power to withstand hardship or stress.
A wide and open space or area as of surface or land or sky.
1. A state of conflict between persons.
2. Effort expended in rubbing one object against another.
1. Imposing in size or bulk or solidity.
2. Imposing in scale or scope or degree or power.
An autocracy governed by a monarch who usually inherits the authority.
1. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
2.Uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing.
3. Occurring so frequently as to seem ceaseless or uninterrupted.
The state of having little or no money and few or no material possessions.
1. Make stronger.
2. Strengthen and support with rewards.
1. With little movement; very slow.
2. Slow and apathetic.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
TKAM Chap 5-10 Vocabulary
WordMaster List 1, 2, and 3
Word of the day
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Vocabulary 5/6 Week Eleven