5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a To dig out of the ground or from a grave; to disinter.
- b The condition of taking abnormally fast, deep breaths.
- c A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- d A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
- e Composure and calm in stressful conditions; equilibrium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
- 1. The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens.
2. A highly flammable liquid anesthetic.
- A swindler; a charlatan; a trickster.
- 1. A powerful feeling of hostility or antagonism; hatred.
2. An animating spirit.
- A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
5 True/False questions
rustic → 1. Typical of country life and people; simple; rough.
2. A rural person.
hyperborean → An exaggeration; a figure expressing excess.
terra cotta → Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
paramount → Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
vent → To bury; to place in a grave.