5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a 1. Pertaining to a Christian minister or the duties accompanying the office.
2. Referring to life in open country or to fields for farming or grazing.
3. Pertaining to an idealized rural life.
- b To dig out of the ground or from a grave; to disinter.
- c To bury; to place in a grave.
- d A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- e 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Dejected; discouraged; gloomy
- 1. Referring to the center of the earth in measurement or observation.
2. Considering the earth as the center of a planetary system.
- Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
- 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.
- 1. The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens.
2. A highly flammable liquid anesthetic.
5 True/False questions
rustic → 1. Typical of country life and people; simple; rough.
2. A rural person.
hyperbole → 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
equanimity → Composure and calm in stressful conditions; equilibrium.
animus → Rich, dark organic material formed by decay of vegetable matter, essential to soil's fertility.
pusillanimous → 1. A powerful feeling of hostility or antagonism; hatred.
2. An animating spirit.