5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
- b 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
- c 1. An outlet; an opening for passage of liquids, fumes, or sometimes air.
2. To utter; to express, especially in relieving strong feelings.
- d To dig out of the ground or from a grave; to disinter.
- e Composure and calm in stressful conditions; equilibrium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- To bury; to place in a grave.
- Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
- A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
- 1. The point in its orbit when a planet or satellite (usually the moon) is farthest from the earth
2. The highest point; culmination; apex
5 True/False questions
perigee → The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
diaphanous → A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
terra cotta → 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.
epiphany → A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
dispirited → Dejected; discouraged; gloomy