5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a n. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- b n. something having the property of being analogous to something else
- c n. a hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning
- d adj. evincing the presence of a deity
- e n. being or coming from on high
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. loud applause or strong approval
- n. night prayer
- n. Pretentious elegance; ostentation.
- n. anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres
- adj. expressing antithesis or opposition
5 True/False questions
bumptious → adj. disagreeably conceited, arrogant, or forward
remit → -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
asymptotic → adj. (of a function, series, formula, etc) approaching a given value or condition, as a variable or an expression containing a variable approaches a limit, usually infinity
antipodes → n. any of a number of related plants of a genus of the buttercup family, with cup-shaped flowers that are usually white, pink, red or purple
inanition → n. a secondary or minor occupation