5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a n. something having the property of being analogous to something else
- b n. being or coming from on high
- c n. exhaustion resulting from lack of food, lack of strenth or spirit
- d adj. (of especially liquids) clouded as with sediment
- e n. a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adj. disagreeably conceited, arrogant, or forward
- n. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- adj. evincing the presence of a deity
- n. night prayer
- n. Pretentious elegance; ostentation.
5 True/False questions
pestiferous → adj. disagreeably conceited, arrogant, or forward
asymptotic → adj. (of a function, series, formula, etc) approaching a given value or condition, as a variable or an expression containing a variable approaches a limit, usually infinity
remit → -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
impedimenta → n. any of the features of the body, usually the face
antipodes → n. any two places or regions on diametrically opposite sides of the Earth