5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a n. baggage or equipment especially things that hinder progress; encumbrances
- b n. the act of calling down a curse that invokes evil (and usually serves as an insult)
- c adj. (of especially liquids) clouded as with sediment
- d adj. having various forms
- e adj. 1 bringing or carrying disease 2 dangerous to morals or to the welfare of society; noxious, evil
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- n. any of the features of the body, usually the face
- adj. evincing the presence of a deity
- adj. expressing antithesis or opposition
- n. a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)
5 True/False questions
anemone → n. any of a number of related plants of a genus of the buttercup family, with cup-shaped flowers that are usually white, pink, red or purple
analogue → n. any of a number of related plants of a genus of the buttercup family, with cup-shaped flowers that are usually white, pink, red or purple
phlogiston → n. a hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning
cerebrum → -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
frippery → n. a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)