5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a n. something having the property of being analogous to something else
- b adj. having various forms
- c n. any of the features of the body, usually the face
- d n. a hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning
- e n. baggage or equipment especially things that hinder progress; encumbrances
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. Pretentious elegance; ostentation.
- n. being or coming from on high
- adj. (of especially liquids) clouded as with sediment
- -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
- n. anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres
5 True/False questions
phial → n. a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)
bumptious → adj. disagreeably conceited, arrogant, or forward
inanition → n. a secondary or minor occupation
anemone → n. 1 one of the chief magistrates of ancient Athens 2 a ruler or chief officer
gewgaw → n. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing