Upgrade to remove ads
VCT Final Exam
Terms in this set (31)
Parts of the Presentation Process
- choose the objectives/message
- analyze the audience
- select the medium
- develop the content (outline and storyboard)
- design the visuals
- deliver the message
6 words per line and 6 lines per slide or less
designing the visuals: font size, colors, visuals, etc
- minimal and relevant text
- key words only
- watch for spelling and grammar
- color must be high in contrast but consistent throughout
- fonts should be 24 point minimum
- choose one or two fonts, San Serif is more legible
- keep capitalization and bulleting consistent throughout (not every word needs to be capitalized, use consistent bulleting style and indentation)
- use images and animation to support and must be relevant
4 areas to be aware of in presentations:
Do's of presenting
- speak clearly
- ask questions
- move around
- glance at the screen
- scan the audience
- talk to the whole audience
- repeat questions
- look at people's eyes
- have a backup
Don'ts when presenting
- chew gum, eat
- make distracting noises
- directly read screen or note cards
- look at the floor
- talk too fast
- stare at the clock
- stare at one person
- lean on things
- have your back to the audience
- use a lot of sound effects, transitions or text builds
What is cross media?
• Knowledge of multiple media
• Message may be the same but the ways we communicate have increased
• Strategic uses of the media, not all of it at the same time
A successful presentation is about _______ the dialogue between _____ & ______
presenters and audiences
increased effectiveness of the presentation translates to an increase in the value of the final product which =
return on investment
example of cross media in sports media
- provides video games, photos, apparel, web page, magazine
native speakers out of the digital language of computers, video games, and the internet
did not grow up with the internet, computers, or cellphones
how will media affect your careers?
- in the door
- problem solving
- value adding
- image or branding
- personal style
What is Photography?
• The art of taking and processing photographs
• Light patterns are reflected onto light sensitive materials to create an image
Different styles of photography
commercial, photo journalism, fashion, aerial, travel, sports,animal/wildlife,university
How to create a technically sound image
communicate the message clearly
follow code of ethics
-must be very patient and detail oriented
- single lens reflex
- interchangeable lens
- through the lens viewing
- ultimate control
Point and shoot
-camera does all the work
- view through the viewfinder
- less control in your images
ability to develop new ideas and discover new ways of looking at problems and opportunities
ability to apply creative solutions to problems or opportunities to enhance or enrich peoples lives
the result of a disciplined systematic process of applying creativity and innovation to the needs and opportunities in the marketplace
Right Brained, creative thinkers
- ask : is there a better way?"
- challenge custom, routine, and tradition
- are reflective
- realize that there may be more than one "right" answer
- see mistakes as pit stops on the way to success
- have "helicopter skills" (navigate through the remotest corners of their environments in search of opportunities for development)
Barriers to creativity
1) searching for the one "right answer"
2) focusing on "being logical and practical"
3) fear of looking foolish
4) becoming overly specialized
Questions to spur the imagination
1) is there a new way to do it?
2)can you borrow or adapt?
3) can you add personal style?
4) is there a substitute?
5) what if you do the opposite?
6) can you combine ideas?
7) are there other markets for it?
8) what idea seems impossible, but if executed would revolutionize your business?
Tips for enhancing organizational creativity
- include creativity as a core company value
- embrace diversity
- expect and tolerate failure
- create a change of scenery periodically
- provide creativity training
- provide support
- talk with customers
- reward creativity
- model creative behavior
- keep the group small - "two pizza rule"
- make the group as diverse as possible
- company rank is irrelevant
-limit the session to 40 to 60 minutes
- appoint a recorder
- use a seating pattern that encourages interaction
- shoot for quantity of ideas over quality of ideas
- encourage idea of 'hitch-hiking"
techniques for improving the creative process
- mind-mapping (encourages thinking on both sides of the brain, visually display relationships among ideas, and improves the ability to see a problem from many sides)
a grant by the federal government giving an inventor the exclusive right to develop, use, and sell an invention for 20 years form the date of filing the patent application
any distinctive work, symbol, design, logo, slogan, or trade dress a company uses to identify the origin of a product or to distinguish it from other goods on the market
the same as a trademark except that it identifies the source of a service rather than a product
an exclusive right that protects the creators of original works of authorship such as literacy,dramatic, musical, and artistic works
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
APRD: Idea Industries 1000
VCT 1030 Final Exam
PR Principles Chp 14/ Test 4
Advertising & IMC Final Exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Soc Final Exam
SOC Module 2 Exam
Colonialism mini quiz