Upgrade to remove ads
pdamd Vocabulary Test #3 (use for Q live)
Terms in this set (49)
- Something written or created by a person who witnessed a historical event ex. picture, diary entry
Examples of how N A adapt to their environment
- "stomach as a water jug"
- long house
- "use anything from their environment"
The mountain range on the "east coast" or Atlantic Ocean (hint: A FOR A)
The American river that ends in the Gulf of Mexico
nickname for kids who go to AMD
WHO is in the executive branch?
WHO is in the judicial branch?
supreme and federal courts
-J for Judges
WHO is in the legislative branch?
Congress (House of Representatives and Senate)
List the 7 continents
North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica
-- people who give advice to DA PRESIDENT!!!!
- Make laws
- interpret the constitution
- yo, constitutional or unconstitutional
- enforce laws
- "discover" objects and figure out how they might be used
- clothes of a group of people
- food of a group of people
- religion of a group of people
Bill of Rights
- protects people from Da Big Bad Gov.
- 1st 10 Amendments
An educator's job
- keep kids safe
- get kids to think
- Wow -- that's easy -- or is it???
- a Spanish conqueror of the "New World"
- a Spanish fella who "killed people and took their stuff"
- began around 26,000 BC
- known for math
- known for moon gazing
- what many Europeans called North and South America after Columbus arrived on those continents
- Europe, Asia, Africa
South America and
Southwestern North America
- where the Mayans, Aztec and Inca were located
- a set of rules for America :-)
-protection against Unreasonable Search and Seizure
- Yo -- no cruel or unusual punishment!
- sailed in 1492
- Spain gave him $$ to find a new route to Asia
- "ran into" islands off of N. A.
- an exchange of goods, ideas and diseases from the Old World (Europe, Asia and Africa) to the New World (N. and S. America) and vice versa.
Da Best Day EVER!!!
- TEST DAY = Da Best ...
New England Colonies
Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware
Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
Why people came to the 13 British Colonies
-- make $$
-- freedom of religion
-- a few others: more land, spread their religion
- economic ($) theory that the colonies exist to make the "mother country" $ (mostly through trade)
How the New England Colonies make $
How the Middle Colonies make $
How the Southern Colonies make $
-- make $$ from planting tobacco
-- first permanent British colony (1607)
-- came to the New world for religious freedom
-- Thanksgiving began here
-- New England
-- a gathering of local citizens to discuss and vote on important issues
House of Burgesses
1619 - The Virginia House of Burgesses formed, the first representative democracy in colonial America.
-- send a product out of a country
- - use the prefix :-)
-- bring a product into a country
-- ya use the prefix
Bill of Rights
-- protects people from the BIG BAD GOV.
Freedom of Religion, Speech, Press, Assembly, and Petition
-- used to change the constitution
-- so it is a "living document" -- changing with the times
-- use the root word (mend) :-)
-- where the rules come from!!!
-- foundation for our laws
4 SS Grading Categories
-Class Work and Participation 20%
What you need to do in class to succeed
-read - think - do :-)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
How and Why the Europeans Came to the New World?
Latin America History & Culture
*How and Why the Europeans Came to the New World?…
Unit 1 The Emergence of the First Global Age (1350…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
"CALS AWSOME AMAZING SCIENCE QUIZLET" -Mom
GJA-7th Grade Chemistry: Penny Cleaning…
SSAT Vocabulary Suffixes