Upgrade to remove ads
Honors English A Christmas Carol Stave 3
Contains selected vocabulary and concepts. 7th grade Woodward Academy.
Terms in this set (22)
zero; nothing; anything
insincere talk, especially about religion or morals
a downward slope or bend
seeming to be abundantly wealthy or rich
a guide or rule for morals or actions; a guideline
the covering or holder of a sword or knife
moved in a sneaky or secretive manner
impulsive or irrational thoughts
When Scrooge and the Spirit were in the city streets, what lesson did they learn?
The poor need more blessings
When Scrooge and the Spirit where in Bob Cratchit's house, what lesson was learned?
Happiness doesn't depend on how much money you have
When Scrooge and the Spirit were in the streets, what lesson was learned?
Holidays can bring out the best in everyone
When Scrooge and the Spirit were in the remote places, what lesson was learned? What were the places?
Even in far off places, people can be happy and content
- At sea
When Scrooge and the Spirit were at Fred's party, what lesson was learned?
Friends and family can have fun just being together
When Scrooge and the Spirit were with the sick and poor, what lesson was learned?
Even when bad things happen, one can have a good attitude and count his blessings
When Scrooge and the Spirit were with the children, Ignorance and Want, what lesson was learned?
Ill-treated children can cause the nation greater problems later
What were the clues that the Cratchits were in poverty?
(Don't need to know all of these)
- Bob made 15 "Bob" (shillings) a week
- 4 roomed house (8 people)
- Mrs. Cratchit wore twice turned gown
- Only new things were ribbons (no new clothes)
- Bob's clothes were thread-bare
- Celebrated goose even though cheap
- Small pudding
- Not enough glasses (family shared 2)
- 2 oldest children had to work
- Shoes ha holes and weren't waterproof
- Peter knew inside of pawnbrokers
- Peter wore hand-me-downs of Bob
- Potatoes and applesauce
- Can't afford medical help for Tiny Tim
What were the two times Scrooge was haunted by his words?
1) Scrooge plead to the Spirit for Tiny Tim's life. The ghost then countered with the former words of Scrooge, "What then? If he be like to die, he had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
2) Scrooge and the Spirit saw the children Ignorance and Want. Scrooge asked if they had any refuge and again, the ghost replied with what Scrooge had once said, "Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"
What illness does Tiny Tim have?
He has a kidney disease
What is significant about the poem written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and A Christmas Carol?
The poem was published in August of 1843. Dickens' book was published in November on 1843. People think that that poem inspired him to write the book.
What was the message of the poem, "The Cry of the Children"?
It is a protest poem decrying the horror of child labor in factories and coal mines of England.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Christmas Carol_Questions 3
3D Vocab Lesson 14
The Scarlet Letter Chapter Summaries
Lesson 15 Vocab
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Medea study guide
TKAM - Chapter 4 & 5
TKAM - Chapter 4 & 5
To Kill A Mockingbird Chapter 1-7 Review
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
MARS 1011 Exam Review
EDUC 2110 WILDER 2018 PHILOSOPHY
World History to 1500
Intermediate Spanish 2 Final Exam Vocab