Create an account
Name 3 facts about Michel-Guillaume-Saint-Jean de Crevecoeur
1) Was the first to offer the "melting pot" theory
2) Grew up in France, became a citizen of New York in 1765
3) Persecuted by both sides during war
Name 3 facts about Patrick Henry
1) Was elected to Virginia House of Burgesses as a lawyer
2) Used his attitude to start an armed rebellion against British rule
3) Famous for saying "Give me liberty or give me death"
Name 3 facts about Thomas Jefferson
1) He was a man of many talents (Renaissance Man)
2) Spoke out against slavery yet owned slaves his entire life
3) Died on July 4, 1826, 50th anniversary of Declaration of Independence
Name 3 facts about Philis Wheatley
1) Brought from Africa as a slave at the age of 7
2) Learned English in 16 months
3) Received her freedom in 1773 and began to work for antislavery movement
Name 3 facts about Abagail Adams
1) First of 2 women in our history to be both wife and mother to presidents
2) Send many well written letters to her husband during their 10 year seperation
3) Was an active supporter for women's rights
Name 3 facts about Red Jacket
1) A chief of the Iroquois's Seneca nation
2) Received his name "Red Jacket" after fighting in the American Revolution with the British
3) Strongly opposed efforts to convert the Iroquois to Christianity
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together