5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- name the parts of the digestive system
- what are the medical terms for breathing or ventilation?
- what is the difference between cholelithiasis and cholecystitis?
- a nas/o rhin/o
- b cholelithiasis is the formation of gallstones from cholesteral and bilirubin; cholecystitis is the inflammation of the gallbladder
- c mouth, esophagus, stomach,small intestine,large intestine, rectum and anus
- d thorac/o pector/o
- e inhilation/inspiration or exhalation/expiration
5 Multiple choice questions
- viral hepatitis is caused by a virus;toxic hepatitis is a toxic reaction to chemical toxicants, hepatotoxic substances(ex. medications and alcohol)
- spir/o pnea
- bacterial is sudden and severe; symptoms include fever, cough, chills and difficulty breathing.
Viral is gradual; symptoms include fever and a hacking cough...viral spreads through the lung fields where bacterial usually stays local
- viral (herpes simplex) or bacterial (cadida albicans) infections.
5 True/False questions
Which area/s refer to small intestine and large intestine? → small intestine is in the stomach area and the large intestine is the area from the end of the colon to the rectum
rectum → thorac/o pector/o
duodenum → duoden/o
what is sleep apnea? → elimination of materials that are not absorbed by the body.
what is pulse oximetry? → breathing cessation that happens periodically during sleep