According to Luke Chapter 21...
Terms in this set (13)
1. In Luke chapter twenty-one, Jesus says about a certain poor widow: "Truly I say to you that this
poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for
God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had." How much money did she
put into the treasury?
a. Two mites.
b. Four mites.
c. Six mites.
1. A (Luke 21:2)
2. Fill in the blank in Jesus' prophecy from Luke chapter twenty-one: "And He said: 'Take heed
that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, '___________________,' and,
'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them.'"
a. "I am the Messiah."
b. " I am He."
c. "I am He Who was prophesied."
2. B (Luke 21:8)
3. According to Jesus in Luke chapter twenty-one, which of these things must come to pass
before the end?
a. Earthquakes in various places.
b. Famines and pestilences.
c. All of these things.
3. C (Luke 21:11)
4. In Luke chapter twenty-one Jesus prophesied that His followers would be delivered up to the
synagogues and prisons, and brought before kings and rulers for His name's sake. While this
would turn out to be an occasion for testimony, why were His followers not to meditate
beforehand on what they would answer?
a. "For I will shut the mouths of your accusers and make them fear to harm you."
b. "For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict
c. "For I will be in your midst to give you peace and provide safety for you."
4. B (Luke 21:14-15)
5. Fill in the blank in Jesus' words in Luke chapter twenty-one: "You will be betrayed even by
parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. And you will
be hated by all for My name's sake. But not a hair of your head shall be lost.
a. "I will save your souls in the end."
b. "I will overcome all their evil."
c. "By your patience possess your souls."
5. C (Luke 21:19)
6. According to Jesus in Luke chapter twenty-one, what would His followers know when they saw
Jerusalem surrounded by armies? Choose the exact phrase.
a. That its desolation is near.
b. That the end has arrived.
c. That the time of vengeance is at hand.
6. A (Luke 21:20)
7. According to Jesus in Luke chapter twenty-one, Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until
a. The times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
b. The judgment of the Lord has been fulfilled.
c. The end has come.
7. A (Luke 21:24)
8. In Luke chapter twenty-one, which of these is NOT listed as one of the things that will occur
before the coming of the Son of Man?
a. Signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars.
b. Mountains crumbling into the sea.
c. On the earth distress of nations.
8. B (Luke 21:25-27)
9. According to Luke chapter twenty-one, in what will the Son of Man come with power and great
a. A cloud.
b. A chariot of fire.
c. A throne carried by angels.
9. A (Luke 21:27)
10. Fill in the blank in this passage from Luke chapter twenty-one: "Now when these things begin
to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because ___________________________."
a. "The end is at hand."
b. "Then the day of judgment will have arrived."
c. "Your redemption draws near."
10. C (Luke 21:28)
11. Fill in the blank in Jesus' words from Luke chapter twenty-one: "Assuredly, I say to you, this
generation will by no means pass away till all things take place. __________________ will pass
away, but My words will by no means pass away."
a. "The nations of the earth."
b. "All creation."
c. " Heaven and earth."
11. C (Luke 21:32-33)
12. Which of these things is listed by Jesus in Luke chapter twenty-one as weighing down our
hearts? Choose the exact phrase.
b. Cares of this life.
c. Attachment to material things.
12. B (Luke 21:34)
13. Fill in the blank in Jesus' words from Luke chapter twenty-one: "Watch therefore, and pray
always that you may be ________________ to escape all these things that will come to pass,
and to stand before the Son of Man."
a. "Counted worthy."
b. "Given the strength."
c. "Blessed from on high."
13. A (Luke 21:36)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The 100 Challenge
Book of Mormon test 2
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Sacraments in the Orthodox Church
Vestments in the Orthodox Church
Orthodox Bible Questions
International Orthodox Churches
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
According to Luke Chapter 5...
According to Luke Chapter 23...
According to Luke Chapter 6...
According to Luke Chapter 24