5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- kinesthetic sense
- vestibular sense
- blind spot
- a an area of the retina lacking visual receptors.
- b a decrease in perceptual response to a repeated stimulus.
- c the senses of body movement and positioning.
- d changes in the shape of the lens of the eye.
- e the senses of balance, position in space, and acceleration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the purported ability to perceive events in ways that cannot be explained by known capacities of the sensory organs.
- voluntarily focusing on a specific sensory input.
- perception of a stimulus below the threshold for conscious recognition.
- when eye has more than one focal point, parts of vision are blurry.
5 True/False questions
top-down processing → using preexisting knowledge to rapidly organize features into a meaningful whole.
parapsychology → the study of extranormal psychological events, such as extrasensory perception.
phantom limb → an airborne chemical signal (seen among animals for mating, etc.).
retina → the light-sensitive layer of cells at the back of the eye.
iris → colored circular muscle that controls the amount of light entering the eye.