5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Approach-approach conflict
- self efficacy expectiations
- psychological hardiness
- exhaustion stage
- a the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
- b a cluster of traits that buffer stress and are characterized by commitment, challenge, and control
- c the field that studies the relationships between psychological factors and the functioning of the immune system.
- d goals that produce opposing motives are positive and within reach.
- e our beliefs that we can bring about desired changes through our own efforts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of conflict in which each of a number of goals produces approach and avoidance motives.
- Selye's term for a hypothesized three-stage response to stress
- the first stage of the GAS, which is triggered by the impact of a stressor and characterized by sympathetic activity.
- the demand that is made on an organism to adapt
- the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.
5 True/False questions
migraine headaches → throbbing headaches that are connected with changes int he supply of blood to the head
pathogen → a microscopic organism that can cause disease
conflict → being torn in different directions by opposing motives.
antibodies → a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
avoidance-aviodance → conflict in which the goals are negative, but aviodance of requires approaching the other