5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fight-or-flight reaction
- a high blood pressure
- b the field that studies the relationships between psychological factors and the functioning of the immune system.
- c White blood cells
- d an innate adaptive response to the perception of danger
- e a type of conflict in which the same goal produces approach and avoidance motives
5 Multiple choice questions
- cholesterol in the blood
- the place (locus) to which an individual attributes control over the receiving of reinforcers- either inside or outside the self
- a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
- people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely within themselves
- a type of conflict in which each of a number of goals produces approach and avoidance motives.
5 True/False questions
general adaptation syndrom (GAS) → the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
resistance stage → the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
pathogen → a microscopic organism that can cause disease
self efficacy expectiations → our beliefs that we can bring about desired changes through our own efforts.
catastrphize → to interpret negative events as being disastrous; to blow out of proportion.