5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- psychological hardiness
- migraine headaches
- a a microscopic organism that can cause disease
- b throbbing headaches that are connected with changes int he supply of blood to the head
- c high blood pressure
- d a cluster of traits that buffer stress and are characterized by commitment, challenge, and control
- e increased blood flow to an injury
5 Multiple choice questions
- the field that studies the relationships between psychological factors and the functioning of the immune system.
- a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
- our beliefs that we can bring about desired changes through our own efforts.
- the demand that is made on an organism to adapt
- an innate adaptive response to the perception of danger
5 True/False questions
locus of control → the place (locus) to which an individual attributes control over the receiving of reinforcers- either inside or outside the self
conflict → a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
antibodies → substances formed by white blood cells that recognize and destroy antigens
general adaptation syndrom (GAS) → the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
eustress (you-stress) → stress that is healthful.