5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger?
- Where does the new black cat come from in the story?
- What is characterization?
- What is prose?
- What is personification?
- a methods used by a writer to introduce or describe characters to readers
- b Giving nonhuman things human characteristics
- c He was sensitive and tender hearted.
- d Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
- e The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Puts her in the wall of the cellar
- the narrator of a poem
- He hangs him from a tree in the garden.
- Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
5 True/False questions
How does the narrator kill his wife? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What is foreshadowing? → hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
Who does Poe marry? → a sudden, unexpected change in a story
Does our narrator feel guilty for killing Pluto? → No
What happens on the same night that the narrator kills Pluto? → His house burns.