5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the narrator's name?
- What does felicity mean?
- Why does the narrator kill Pluto?
- How does the narrator get caught in his crime?
- What does intemperance mean?
- a We are not told this information.
- b excesive consumption of alcohol
- c He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- d Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
- e happiness
5 Multiple choice questions
- He begins to drink. He is mean to his wife and animals.
- He cuts the cat's eye out after the cat bites him.
- Puts her in the wall of the cellar
- The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
5 True/False questions
How does the narrator kill Pluto? → Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
How does the new black cat act with the narrator? → The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
What do Pluto and the new cat have in common? → He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.
What is prose? → Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
Who does the narrator want to kill instead of his wife? → The black cat