5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an allusion?
- How does the narrator kill Pluto?
- Why does the narrator originally not kill the black cat?
- How does the narrator get caught in his crime?
- What is a speaker?
- a He is ashamed of what he did to Pluto. He dreads the cat.
- b a reference that the author expects you to know
- c He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- d the narrator of a poem
- e He hangs him from a tree in the garden.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An imprint of a cat with a noose around its neck
- The black cat
- a barrell
- hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
- Virginia, his first cousin
5 True/False questions
What happens on the same night that the narrator kills Pluto? → His house burns.
What was the narrator's name? → Pluto
What does felicity mean? → abnormal
What is personification? → Giving nonhuman things human characteristics
What does the new cat have on his chest? → He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.