5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is on the one wall that did not burn of the house?
- What does intemperance mean?
- What is prose?
- What is a hogshead?
- How does the narrator get caught in his crime?
- a Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
- b An imprint of a cat with a noose around its neck
- c a barrell
- d He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- e excesive consumption of alcohol
5 Multiple choice questions
- His house burns.
- He was sensitive and tender hearted.
- A comparison not using like or as
- He drives an axe in her head.
- We are not told this information.
5 True/False questions
What does anomalous mean? → abnormal
How old was Poe when he died? → a barrell
Does our narrator feel guilty for killing his wife? → No
What is an example of foreshadowing in the story? → hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
How does the narrator kill Pluto? → He hangs him from a tree in the garden.