5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing his wife?
- What happens on the same night that the narrator kills Pluto?
- How does the new black cat act with the narrator?
- What does intemperance mean?
- What is personification?
- a Giving nonhuman things human characteristics
- b He follows him everywhere. He is there all the time--even when the narrator is sleeping.
- c excesive consumption of alcohol
- d No
- e His house burns.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He begins to drink. He is mean to his wife and animals.
- a comparison using like or as
- He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- This was the Roman god of the underworld.
5 True/False questions
Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What is the first black cat's name? → Pluto
Why does the narrator kill his wife? → He drives an axe in her head.
What is an allusion? → a reference that the author expects you to know
What are some hints that Poe's gives us that our narrator is in jail and will be executed? → His house burns.