5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger?
- Why does the narrator kill Pluto?
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing Pluto?
- How does the narrator kill Pluto?
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing his wife?
- a Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
- b He was sensitive and tender hearted.
- c Yes
- d No
- e He hangs him from a tree in the garden.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
- He is ashamed of what he did to Pluto. He dreads the cat.
- The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
- A comparison not using like or as
5 True/False questions
What is characterization? → methods used by a writer to introduce or describe characters to readers
What do Pluto and the new cat have in common? → They are black. They are missing an eye.
What happens on the same night that the narrator kills Pluto? → Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
What does intemperance mean? → excesive consumption of alcohol
What is a hogshead? → a comparison using like or as