5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a hogshead?
- How does the narrator get caught in his crime?
- What is the allusion connected with the first black cat's name?
- What is the first black cat's name?
- What does the new cat have on his chest?
- a He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- b This was the Roman god of the underworld.
- c a barrell
- d Pluto
- e He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Giving nonhuman things human characteristics
- His house burns.
- a comparison using like or as
- Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
- They are black. They are missing an eye.
5 True/False questions
What does felicity mean? → happiness
Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What does the narrator do with the body of his wife? → The black cat
What does the narrator first do to the black cat after he comes home drunk one night? → He cuts the cat's eye out after the cat bites him.
What is a conflagration? → Giving nonhuman things human characteristics