Name 8 advantages of FBCs
- Because they are prescriptive rather than proscriptive, they achieve a more predictable physical result.
- Achieve higher comfort level with density because they allow citizens to see what will happen where.
- Encourage independent development because they can regulate development at the scale of the bldg or lot.
- Reflect a diversity of architecture, materials, uses and ownership.
- Work well in established neighborhoods because they effectively define and codify a neighborhood's existing DNA (vernacular).
- Non-professionals find FBCs easier to use.
- FBCs obviate the need for design guidelines and need less oversight by discretionary review bodies.
- Purpose is to shape a high quality public realm