Vocabulary Lesson 8. :D
Terms in this set (20)
1. To bring together into a group; To gather.
2. To put or fit together.
1. A group of people gathered for a certain purpose.
2. The fitting together of various parts.
1. A large meal for many people; A feast.
1. The load carried by a plane or ship.
1. A barrel-shaped container, especially one for holding liquids.
1. To honor something in a special way.
1. To become smaller or less.
2. The amount by which something becomes smaller.
1. Reckless because of feelings of despair.
2. So serious as to be almost hopeless.
1. Safe or fit to be eaten.
2. An item of food; anything that can be eaten.
1. Not serious or important; Silly.
1. Silly or lighthearted play.
1. The gathering of ripe crops for a season.
2. The quantity of crops gathered.
3. To gather the crops.
1. To chop down or cut with blows from an axe.
2. To cut or shape with blows of an axe or similar tool.
1. Unfriendly; Of or like an enemy.
1. The expression of unfriendly feelings.
1. To make a serious promise.
2. A serious promise.
1. To succeed, especially in terms of money.
1. Enjoying growth and success.
1. A piece of work that needs to be done.