6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- very wealthy political leaders, Cooperated with Romans, Didn't believe in oral law or anything that Pharisees did
"Jesus is the messiah"
Roman Guard (gentile)
"Jesus is the son of God"
- - Explains customs
□ Preparation day
- Translates words
□ Abba- father
□ Golgotha- skull place
□ Boanerges- sons of thunder
□ Bartimaeus- son of Timeaus
- peter's "son", Paul's co-worker, Barnabbas' cousin
- i. Parousia- Jesus would be back soon
ii. They thought as soon as everyone heard about Jesus the world would end
- very educated religious leaders, Rabbis, teachers
○ Very strict- followed Torah & oral laws
- Final judgment
6 True/False questions
Mark → lion- resurrection
Essenes → 1. Father- ben/bar- "son of"
2. Occupation- the carpenter
3. Town- Nazarene- first name for the early Christians
7-4 B.C.-30 A.D.
Luke → eagle- ascension
Matthew → Man- incarnation
John → ○ Prologue- Jesus is the pre-existing word
□ Book of signs
□ Book of glory
○ Epilogue- post-resurrection events
Why Did They Write? → i. The original eye witnesses were dying
ii. To dispel rumors