Create an account
Similar to normal cell substances & when incorporated in cell, makes cell unable to divide
G2 & M Phase
Antimicrotubular agent, inhibits mitosis by interfering with the microtubules, which help move chromosomes during mitosis
Block aromatase enzyme, which converts androgens to estrogen causing tumors to shrink
Signals pituitary to stop releasing LH, which has a direct effect on testicles & ovaries
Target specific antigens on cancer cell surface. Marks cell for attack by immune system. Blocks specific receptors. Some deliver antitumor agent to a target.
* Selective blockade of serotonin 5-HT3 receptors in GI tract & brain.
* HA, Diarrhea, Constipation, $$$
* Ondansetron, Granisetron, Dolasetron, Palonosetron
* Blockade of dopamine receptors in chemoreceptor trigger zone.
* Sedation, Hypotension, EPS
* Prochlorperazine, Promethazine, Triethylperazine, Trimethobenzamide
* Unknown MOA
* Insomnia, hyperglycemia, inc appetite, euphoria, aggitation/anxiety
* Dexamethasone, Methylprednisolone
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together