Upgrade to remove ads
leadership ATI ch. 1
Terms in this set (17)
managing client care requires...
leadership and management skills and knowledge to effectively coordinate and carry out client care.
leadership and management are concepts integral to
effective management and motivation of staff and clients
the process of planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating work within an organization
the ability to inspire others to achieve a desired outcome
makes decisions for the group.
- motivated by coercion
communication occurs down the chain of command
- work output is high; good for crisis and bureaucratic settings
effective for employees with little to no education
involves the group when decisions are made.
- motivates by supporting staff achievements
communication occurs up and down the chain of command
- work output is good quality: when cooperation and collaboration are necessary
makes few decisions and does little planning
- motivation is on the individual
communication occurs up and down the chain of command and between group members
low work output
- effective with professional employees
characteristics of leaders - problem solving and critical thinking skills
- combo of personality traits and leadership skills
- influence willing followers to move toward a goal
- have goals that might have goals that dont reflect organization
- Transformational and transactional leaders
empower followers to assumes responsibility for communal vision and personal development is a secondary outcome
focus on immediate problems maintaining the status quo and using rewards to motivate followers
the ability of an individual to perceive and manage emotions of self and others
- the nurse must understand and perceive their own emotions and the emotions of pt and fam
emotionally intelligent leader
understands the perspective of others
- encourages constructive criticism and is open to new ideas
- maintain multitask focus
- manages emotions and channels them in a pos direction
- committed to deliver high quality care
- refrains from judgement in controversial or emotionally charged situations until all facts have been gathered.
the five major management functions are...
characteristic of managers
hold formal positions of authority and power
- posses clinical expertise
- coach subordinates
- decisions about the function of the organization, resources, budget, hiring, and firing
includes the skills of interpretation, analysis, evaluation, inference and explanation based on the meaning of data and uses reason to name informed decision .
analyzing the elements of a clinical situation and using
to make a decision and always updating reasoning according to the pts status
- thinking your nursing skills
a decision made regarding a course of action
based on a critical analysis of data.
--considers pt needs and modifying interventions accordingly
- nursing skills
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ATI Leadership and Management Chap 1
ati leadership chapter 1
Nursing 212--Unit 5-- Ch 16--Leadership…
Management LP 2 Collaboration, Planning Care and M…
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Community Ch 1
Marquis Leadership Ch. 1
Ch. 7 Dysrhythmia interpretation and man…
hematological and immune d/o