5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Electrical energy
- 0 N
- a Our ________ also use mechanical energy to do work such as moving tables or throwing balls across the gym.
What type of energy is in the picture above?
- c It is better to measure weight with a spring scale and mass with a ________.
What is the net force in the picture above?
- e To find the net force when forces are pushing or pulling in opposite directions simply ________ the smaller force from the larger force.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A spring scale is a tool best used to measure ________.
- ________ use mechanical energy to do work.
The motion graph above shows that the car...
- Most nuclear power plants generate electricity by using a special metal called ________ as a fuel.
- Unbalanced forces cause objects to ________.
5 True/False questions
chemical → Which term does not belong to the group:
biomass, hydropower, coal, wind
net force → A ________ is a push or a pull in a specific direction.
hydropower → The faster an object moves, the ________ an object becomes, and the more thermal energy it possesses.
Mechanical energy → ________ ________ is energy of matter caused by its position or its motion.
nonrenewable resource → Coal, oil, and natural gas are a type of ________ ________.