5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nonrenewable resource
- a Which term does not belong to the group:
natural gas, coal, uranium, oil
- b Uses energy directly from the Sun.
- c ________ is energy that comes from the force of moving water.
- d Nuclear energy is another type of ________ ________.
- e ________ is a vital part of our everyday life.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In power plants the steam from boiling water is used to turn the blades of a ________.
What is the net force in the picture above?
- Removing ________ ________ from steam can cause a gas to change into a liquid.
- The combination of all forces acting on an object is called the ________ ________.
- Fossil fuels formed from the buried remains of ________ and ________ that lived hundreds of millions of years ago.
5 True/False questions
energy → When a cake is baked ________ is involved.
chemical energy into thermal energy →
What type of energy transformation is happening in the picture above?
steam → ________ tells us the rate at which an object moves.
Chemical energy → ________ ________ is the energy that matter has because of its motion or its position.
Chemical energy →
What type of energy can be found in the picture above?