5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radiant energy
- chemical energy into thermal energy
- natural gas
- a Which term does not belong to the group:
wind, solar, hydropower, natural gas
- b Released quickly, ________ energy can launch a rocket into space.
- c Burning coal is an example of which energy transformation?
- d ________ ________ includes visible light, X-rays, microwaves, and ultraviolet light.
- e ________ is an object's tendency to resist a change in motion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ________ tells us the rate at which an object moves.
- A spring scale is a tool best used to measure ________.
- Newtons are units to use when measuring ________.
- The main purpose of a washing machine is to transform electrical energy into ________ ________.
- In a power plant the turbine turns a ________ that generates electricity.
5 True/False questions
Energy → ________ is an object's tendency to resist a change in motion.
nuclear → In power plants water is boiled and turned into ________.
is coming back → A ________ ________ has mechanical energy.
Fossil fuels → Our ________ also use mechanical energy to do work such as moving tables or throwing balls across the gym.
wind → Uses energy from moving air.