Create an account
1. What is the length of a term of office for members of the U.S. House of Representatives?
The member changes every 2 years found in Article 1.
2. How old do you have to be in order to be a member of the U.S. House of Representatives?
To be a member you must be at least 25 years of age. Found in Article 1 section 2.
3. Who has the power to propose a law to raise taxes?
All Bills that are for raising taxes shall begin in the house of representatives; but the senate may propose with amendment as on other bills. Section 7 part 1.
4. Who has the sole of power of impeachment? (kicking someone out of office)
The senate has the power to Impeach. Found in section 3
5. What is the length of a term of office for members of the U.S. Senate?
The length of the term for the senate is 6 years.
6. How old do you have to be in order to be a member of the U.S. Senate?
In order to be a member of the senate you at least have to be 30 years of age. Section 3.
7. Who must approve people, like ambassadors, judges and cabinet members, that the president appoints?
The courts have the power to approve the ambassadors. Article 3 section 2
8. Who must approve any treaties that are made with foreign countries?
The president has the power to propose treaties along with the advice of the senate. Article 2 section 2
9. Who has the sole power to try impeachments (bring to trial)
The senate has the power to impeach. Article 1 section 3
12. What can the Congress do if the president vetoes one of their bills?
Over Ride 2/3- Article 1, Section 7
13. Who has the power to propose amendments to the U.S. Constitution? (answer is in Article 5)
Congress- Article 5
14. What is the length of a term of office for the president of the United States?
4 years- Article 2, Section 1
15. How old do you have to be in order to be president of the United States
35 years old- Article 2, Section 1
19. Who has the power to nominate ambassadors, judges and cabinet members?
The President- Article 2, Section 2
20. Who is the Commander in Chief of all U.S. military forces?
The President- Article 2, Section 1, Sub 1
21. What is the length of a term of office for the Justices of the United States Supreme Court?
Unlimited- Article 3, Section 1
22. Who has the power to review all laws and treaties of the United States?
Supreme Court- Article 3, Section 2
23. Who has the power to settle disputes involving the United States? (When someone sues the government)
The Supreme Court- Article 3, Section 2
24. Who has the power to settle disputes between different states?
The Federal Court- Article , Section
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together