5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- High renaissance
- Ferdinand and Isabella
- a 1474-1504 Spain becomes an abolute monarch. New World
- b Painter, sculptor, architect, engineer, etc.
- c Indulgences, paid church for sins. Pope Leo X, St. Peter's Basilica, 1517 the 95 Theses, Excommunicated, Lutheranism, Protestantism spread.
- d Painter, architect
- e Painter, from Italy, very wealthy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Henry VII. 1530's, England separates.
- Worldly, Vatican library, sistine chapel
- 1512 Martin Luther is excommunicated. Edict of worms is issued by the Pope. Here I stand speech.
- 1509-1547 Married several times. Created a new religion so he could divorce his old wife and marry someone else.
- mid 1500's-1956
5 True/False questions
Medici Family → Banking, politics, patrons, platonic academy
Petrarch → Early 1600's. Mathematician, proved Copernicus correct.
Martin Luther → Protestant Reformation,
John Calvin → 1509-1547 Married several times. Created a new religion so he could divorce his old wife and marry someone else.
Machiavelli → 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician