5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Doc Watson
- Tammy Wynette
- Roy Rogers
- a T or F: Lead Belly is regarded as the first comedian of country music.
- b Concerto Grosso with echoes of Handel is an example of _________music
- c was the king of the cowboy singers--a big star in Hollywood movies.
- d is considered the first lady of country music, paving the way for other women in country music.
- e who comments in the films is a blind bluegrass musician from Deep Gap, NC
5 Multiple choice questions
- the French composer, ornithologist, and teacher, was a prisoner in a German WWII prison camp
- T or F: Pinetop Smith played a rollicking guitar style called boogie-woogie.
- is a popular, long-running radio show on KFFA in Helena, AR. It once featured Sonny Boy Williamson and Robert Junior Lockwood.
- T or F: Keb' Mo' is a modern day singer/guitarist whose style is rooted in the blues masters.
- T or F: Merle Travis developed a guitar style called Travis picking and sang about the arduous life of the coal miner.
5 True/False questions
F → T or F: Roy Acuff founded the National Association of Gospel Choirs.
Scott Joplin → Concerto Grosso with echoes of Handel is an example of _________music
12-tone technique → Texan who launched a style called western swing, influencing Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
F → T or F: The victrola became extremely popular during the Depression since most folks could not afford to buy records.
Ralph Peer → was the king of the cowboy singers--a big star in Hollywood movies.