5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Scott Joplin
- King Biscuit Time
- a is a popular, long-running radio show on KFFA in Helena, AR. It once featured Sonny Boy Williamson and Robert Junior Lockwood.
- b was a successful composer of ragtime pieces (inc. Maple Leaf Rag) at the turn of the 19th-20th century.
- c T or F: the Carter family had hit songs in Wildwood Flower and Keep on the Sunny Side.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Concerto Grosso with echoes of Handel is an example of _________music
- T or F: A Southern Gospel music training approach was called shaped-note singing.
- was found dead in the back of his Cadillac convertible on Jan 1. 1953, after living the hard life he wrote about so well in song.
- T or F: Pinetop Smith played a rollicking guitar style called boogie-woogie.
- T or F: the Fisk Jubilee Singers in the 1870s popularized a style of music known as ragtime.
5 True/False questions
T → T or F: Roy Acuff founded the National Association of Gospel Choirs.
Olivier Messiaen → ___________ music is characterized by clear tonality, steady pulse, and the repetition of short melodic phrases.
Minimalism → ___________ music is characterized by clear tonality, steady pulse, and the repetition of short melodic phrases.
F → T or F: Keb' Mo' is a modern day singer/guitarist whose style is rooted in the blues masters.
12-tone technique → is considered the first lady of country music, paving the way for other women in country music.