5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Scott Joplin
- 12-tone technique
- a Alban berg's compositional style is referred to as ______________, a pre-ordering of the various elements of music
- b T or F: Jimmie Rodgers made famous a technique called the blue yodel
- c T or F: the Fisk Jubilee Singers in the 1870s popularized a style of music known as ragtime.
- d was a successful composer of ragtime pieces (inc. Maple Leaf Rag) at the turn of the 19th-20th century.
5 Multiple choice questions
- T or F: George D. Hay started a wildly popular, long running radio show out of Nashville Station WSM known as Hee-Haw
- T or F: the Carter family had hit songs in Wildwood Flower and Keep on the Sunny Side.
- Concerto Grosso with echoes of Handel is an example of _________music
- the French composer, ornithologist, and teacher, was a prisoner in a German WWII prison camp
- was a baritone singer/songwriter in the honky-tonk style with his Walkin' the Floor Over You.
5 True/False questions
Mississippi Delta → is called the cradle of the blues
T → T or F: The victrola became extremely popular during the Depression since most folks could not afford to buy records.
F → T or F: Talent scout Ralph Peer discovered both the Carter family and Jimmie Rodgers in Bristol, Tennesse.
T → T or F: the Fisk Jubilee Singers in the 1870s popularized a style of music known as ragtime.
F → T or F: Roy Acuff founded the National Association of Gospel Choirs.