5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Scott Joplin
- a T or F: George D. Hay started a wildly popular, long running radio show out of Nashville Station WSM known as Hee-Haw
- b ___________ music is characterized by clear tonality, steady pulse, and the repetition of short melodic phrases.
- c T or F: Duke Ellington, a towering figure in 20th century music, was a pianist, composer, arranger, and employed many of the same musicians in his band for decades.
- d was a successful composer of ragtime pieces (inc. Maple Leaf Rag) at the turn of the 19th-20th century.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is considered the first lady of country music, paving the way for other women in country music.
- is a popular, long-running radio show on KFFA in Helena, AR. It once featured Sonny Boy Williamson and Robert Junior Lockwood.
- won a 2003 Pulitzer Prize for his work On the Transmigration of Souls
- T or F: Jimmie Rodgers made famous a technique called the blue yodel
- T or F: Lead Belly is regarded as the first comedian of country music.
5 True/False questions
T → T or F: the Carter family had hit songs in Wildwood Flower and Keep on the Sunny Side.
T → T or F: George D. Hay started a wildly popular, long running radio show out of Nashville Station WSM known as Hee-Haw
Ernest Tubb → Concerto Grosso with echoes of Handel is an example of _________music
T → T or F: Robert Johnson reportedly made a deal with the devil to emerge as such a great singer, guitarist, and songwriter.
Olivier Messiaen → ___________ music is characterized by clear tonality, steady pulse, and the repetition of short melodic phrases.