Upgrade to remove ads
We Believe Grade 4 chapter 4
Terms in this set (13)
God calls us to be close to him
-through our baptism,
-when we think, speak, and act as Jesus did
-God will always welcome us back when we forget his love and turn away from it.
is the ability to know the difference between good and evil, right or wrong. God gives us the gift of conscience.
Examination of Conscience
is the act of determining whether the choices we have made showed love for God, ourselves, and others.
Our conscience works in 3 ways:
-Before we make decisions
-While we are making the decision
-After we make decisions
Before we make decisions
it helps us to know what is good and consider the results depending on the choice we make.
While we are making the decision
it brings feelings of peace or discomfort depending upon the choice we make.
After we make the decision
it enables us to judge, as good, and evil.
A good conscience leads us
to be truthful and fair.
it guides us to make decisions based on Jesus' teachings.
helps us to live as God wants us to live.
How a good conscience is formed?
-Listen to God and the Holy Spirit
-Ask our parents, teachers, and the church to help form a good conscience.
-Learn about God through the scriptures.
-Learn about God through the Church teachings
Questions we ask to examine our conscience
1. Have I shown love for God in my thoughts, words, and actions?
2. Have a shown love for others in my thoughts, words, and actions?
3. Have a shown love for myself?
When we can examine our conscience?
1. each night at bedtime
2. at church during the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation.
3. We can also thank God for giving us Grace to make good choices.
Saint Thomas Moore
1. Born in England in 1477
2. Became a successful lawyer and scholar
3. When King Henry demanded to be the head of the church in England, Sr. Thomas could not accept this and was sent to death by the king.
4. Sir Thomas Moore followed his conscience, his faith, and the teachings of Christ.
5. Patron Saint of lawyers.
What do we learn in the story of the Prodigy son?
We learn that God is our loving Father. God will always welcome us back to him.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Religion: Chapter 11 The Parish is Our Home
Religion Chapter 13
We Believe Grade 4 Chapter 11
Religion vocabulary grade 3 chapter 11 and 12
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
We Believe Sadlier Grade 4 Chapter 4
4th Religion Chapter 4 "Our Conscience, Our Guide"
Religion Chapter 1
GAP 4th Grade Religion Test: Chapter 4
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Science Fusion The Dynamic Earth Unit 2 Lesson 2 a…
We Believe 6th Grade chapter 3
Physical Science Grade 6 Topic 2 Lesson 1 & 2
Grammar for Writing 6th grade Chapter 6