5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Your snack brake/break comes around 10:00 AM at Davis.
- b I recently bought a new red dress and am now hunting for a pair of red shoes to compliment/complement my dress.
- c I have a problem that I cannot solve; thus, I need your consul/counsel council ,please.
- d The hole/whole eight grade recently had two field trips!
- e I am always glad to hear the compliment/complement, "Mrs. Fields, my child was so well prepared for high school."
5 Multiple choice questions
- The seeing eye dog carefully led/lead his blind master across the busy street and up onto the high curb.
- I was unaware that you had all ready/already ordered tickets; now we have an extra pair.
- Some people look much older than they are simply because they have born/borne so many worries and cares for so long.
- If one uses coarse/course language in the halls of Davis, they will most likely recieve a demerit or at least a stern lecture.
- The noise in here is altogether/ all together excessive.
5 True/False questions
pane → The fair/fare one must pay for entry to an IMAX movie can be pretty costly.
aisle → Of all water resorts, I most enjoy sailing in the Caribbean aisles/isles.
passed → "Back up! We have passed/past the address we are looking for!"
fare → The fair/fare one must pay for entry to an IMAX movie can be pretty costly.
boar → The fair/fare one must pay for entry to an IMAX movie can be pretty costly.