5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The seeing eye dog carefully led/lead his blind master across the busy street and up onto the high curb.
- b If we neglect minor/miner problems, they will grow into big problems.
- c The window pane/pain of my living room recently broke when the kids next door hit an errant baseball.
- d While hunting during a recent safari, we were charged by a wild boar/bore with tusks that were three feet long!
- e The noise in here is altogether/ all together excessive.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One piece/peace of the puzzle is missing.
- I recently bought a new red dress and am now hunting for a pair of red shoes to compliment/complement my dress.
- Coming down the isle/aisle of the dark theater required some careful stepping.
- The capital/capitol of Georgia is my hometown Atlanta.
- The hole/whole eight grade recently had two field trips!
5 True/False questions
passed → "Back up! We have passed/past the address we are looking for!"
borne → Some people look much older than they are simply because they have born/borne so many worries and cares for so long.
coarse → What course/coarse should we follow in order to solve this problem?
isles → Of all water resorts, I most enjoy sailing in the Caribbean aisles/isles.
course → What course/coarse should we follow in order to solve this problem?