5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trenton Princeton
- George Rogers Clark
- Olive Branch Petition
- Deborah Sampson
- a Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.
- b Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
- c Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
- d Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
- e a general and progressive increase in prices
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cruel and unjust use of power
- the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
- He signed the "delclaration of independance" he wanted to convince the americans to rebel agaisnt the king. He said people shouldnt change their system of government without a good reason.
- in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
- Those who favor extreme change
5 True/False questions
Saratoga → in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
Moderates → Those who favor extreme change
Mercenaries → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
Treaty of Paris 1783 → Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
Allies → an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy