5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- General Cornwallis
- Molly Pitcher
- Nathan Hale
- a a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"
- b small bands of fighters who weaken the enemy with surprise raids and hit-and-run attacks. like pirates
- c British general who surrendered at yorktown
- d heroine of the American Revolution who carried water to soldiers and took over her husband's gun when he was wounded, real name was Mary Ludwig Hays
- e Those who favor extreme change
5 Multiple choice questions
- brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
- Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
- He was Polish and a Jew. He wanted religious freedom and liberty in his country. He fled Poland when it was invaded by Russia and came to America. He was shy, could speak several languages, and had a reputation for integrity. He spied on the British for the Americans when he was captured by the British. The French also made him a general and their army paymaster. He helped fund the Continental Congress and pay their salaries. When he died in 1785, at the age of 45, he was penniless and had given everything he owned to America.
- Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
5 True/False questions
George Rogers Clark → he built a strong army during the war. very important man
Moderates → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
Baron Von Steuben → Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
George Washington → he built a strong army during the war. very important man
Treaty of Paris 1783 → Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War