5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- George Rogers Clark
- Haym Salomon
- John Dickinson
- Declaration of Independence
- a Pennsylvania lawyer and leading Patriot- wanted to petition against King George III wrote the Olive tree petition
- b He was Polish and a Jew. He wanted religious freedom and liberty in his country. He fled Poland when it was invaded by Russia and came to America. He was shy, could speak several languages, and had a reputation for integrity. He spied on the British for the Americans when he was captured by the British. The French also made him a general and their army paymaster. He helped fund the Continental Congress and pay their salaries. When he died in 1785, at the age of 45, he was penniless and had given everything he owned to America.
- c the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
- d Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
- e an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
- brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
- Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
- Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.
5 True/False questions
Nathan Hale → a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"
Guerrillas → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
Treaty of Paris 1783 → Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
Thomas Jefferson → He signed the "delclaration of independance" he wanted to convince the americans to rebel agaisnt the king. He said people shouldnt change their system of government without a good reason.
Tyranny → A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.