5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marquis De Lafayette
- General Cornwallis
- Thomas Paine
- General Howe
- a Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- b He replaces General Gage and evacuates Boston to British Canada. Loyalists go with British.
- c Those who favor extreme change
- d British general who surrendered at yorktown
- e brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
5 Multiple choice questions
- the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
- A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.
- Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
- Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
- Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
5 True/False questions
Allies → Those who favor extreme change
Tyranny → Cruel and unjust use of power
Guerrillas → Those who favor extreme change
Nathan Hale → He replaces General Gage and evacuates Boston to British Canada. Loyalists go with British.
George Rogers Clark → Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America