5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Haym Salomon
- Molly Pitcher
- General Cornwallis
- Deborah Sampson
- a Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.
- b British general who surrendered at yorktown
- c heroine of the American Revolution who carried water to soldiers and took over her husband's gun when he was wounded, real name was Mary Ludwig Hays
- d He was Polish and a Jew. He wanted religious freedom and liberty in his country. He fled Poland when it was invaded by Russia and came to America. He was shy, could speak several languages, and had a reputation for integrity. He spied on the British for the Americans when he was captured by the British. The French also made him a general and their army paymaster. He helped fund the Continental Congress and pay their salaries. When he died in 1785, at the age of 45, he was penniless and had given everything he owned to America.
- e small bands of fighters who weaken the enemy with surprise raids and hit-and-run attacks. like pirates
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
- Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
- Those who favor extreme change
- he built a strong army during the war. very important man
- believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
5 True/False questions
Declaration of Independence → the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
Nathan Hale → a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"
Marquis De Lafayette → brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
Saratoga → A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.
Inflation → a general and progressive increase in prices