5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Paul Jones
- Nathan Hale
- Thomas Paine
- a believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
- b a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"
- c in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
- d Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- e American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) who said the famous lines " I have not yet begun to fight" when his ship was sinking but was able to defeat the British
5 Multiple choice questions
- A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.
- Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
- Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.
- He signed the "delclaration of independance" he wanted to convince the americans to rebel agaisnt the king. He said people shouldnt change their system of government without a good reason.
- the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
5 True/False questions
Haym Salomon → a general and progressive increase in prices
Trenton Princeton → Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
Olive Branch Petition → Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
Marquis De Lafayette → brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
Allies → Those who favor extreme change