5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- treaty of paris
- louis XIV
- war of spanish succession
- english bill of rights
- a This was the war between France and Spain in order to unite the two states under one ruler, Phillip V
- b This treaty ended the Seven Years War
- c Sections of towns and cities in which Jews were forced to live.
- d king of France from 1643 to 1715; his long reign was marked by the expansion of French influence in Europe and by the magnificence of his court and the Palace of Versailles (1638-1715) "the sun king"
- e King William and Queen Mary accepted this document in 1689. It guaranteed certain rights to English citizens and declared that elections for Parliament would happen frequently. By accepting this document, they supported a limited monarchy, a system in which they shared their power with Parliament and the people.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In this bloodless revolution, the English Parliament and William and Mary agreed to overthrow James II for the sake of Protestantism. This led to a constitutional monarchy and the drafting of the English Bill of Rights.
- Land is divided into strips and worked on by villagers
- the belief that rulers should be chosen for their superior abilities and not because of their wealth or birth
- In 1683 a demoralizing defeat of the Turks, which signaled the reversal of their fortunes
- Lords in Eastern Europe revived serfdom to combat increasing economic challenges. Lords demanded that kings and princes issue laws restricting or eliminating peasants' right of moving freely
5 True/False questions
enclosure acts → privatization of communal resources, creation of labor force; land taken from peasants; sent massive amounts of people to work in the city, in factories with machines
putting out system → followed death of Ivan IV without heir early in 17th century; boyars attempted to use vacuum of power to reestablish their authority; ended with selection of Michael Romanov as tsar in 1613.
dutch innovations → Sections of towns and cities in which Jews were forced to live.
stuart dynasty → Dynasty in France started by the reign of King Henry IV, powerful and EXTREMELY wealthy, rulers of this Dynasty wanted hegemony (dominant power), wanted to see shift of balance of power
the great elector → the name given to Frederick William who was on the greatest Hohenzollerns. He reorganized the armies into one strong force and improved tax and encouraged agriculture, industry, and transportation