5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
- makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
- Found in plant cells only; provides support for the cell and protects it from bursting. Found outside of the cell membrane.
- Cells that have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum to name a few.
5 True/False questions
nucleus → makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
prokaryote → cells that do not have a nucleus or membrane bound organelles. The only organelle found inside the cell that is common with eukaryotes is the ribosome; bacteria cells
cytoplasm → a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
golgi apparatus → responsible for processing and modifying proteins and other materials to prepare them for their destination, especially for proteins that are secreted from the cell.