5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
- Cells that have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum to name a few.
- control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.
- a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.
- found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
5 True/False questions
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
golgi apparatus → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
cell wall → Found in plant cells only; provides support for the cell and protects it from bursting. Found outside of the cell membrane.
nucleolus → control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.
Vacuole → Membrane-bound organelle used for storage materials and/or wastes in the cell; Larger in plants than in animals