5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- Found in plant cells only; provides support for the cell and protects it from bursting. Found outside of the cell membrane.
- location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
- location of lipid synthesis to make membranes in the cell
5 True/False questions
Vacuole → membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
chloroplasts → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
prokaryote → Cells that have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum to name a few.
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
nucleus → control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.