Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (45)
1. Which of the following options best describes a Bezier curve? Choose two
a. Can be scaled and manipulated easily /d. Created by using mathematical formulas to represent the curve
2. You want to make sure that the finished brochure will meet the clients needs. Which three communication techniques will help you do that?
a. Present mock ups and sketches to help the client visualize the design /c. Get the clients approval before making any changes to the scope of the project /d. Update the client regularly on the design
3. With an image in a lower layer, and headline text in a layer above it, which mask type should be used to make the image from the lower layer show through the letters of the headline text on a layer above it?
b. Opacity mask
a. Anchor point tool
convert anchor points from one type to another
b. -stretch scale
and rotate an object
c. Text on a path tool
- to make text follow a curved path
d. Hand tool-
to move the artboard around in your window
e. Delete anchor point tool
- to delete anchor poin
5. In looking for images for the brochure, you found some great pictures which were once copyrighted, but no longer are. What describes a work that is no longer protected under the copyright law?
b. Fair use
6. Which native file format preserves all illustrator data including multiple artboards within a single document?
d. Ai files
7. What does a red plus sign inside a text area or on type on a path mean
d. Overflow text
a. Pen tool
allows you to draw open and closed paths while creating corner points
c. Pencil tool-
allows you to draw open and closed paths creating a hand drawn
d. Blob brush
allows you to draw freehand lines that are immediately expanded into shapes.
9. Which panel should you use to convert bitmapped images into editable vector artwork?
d. Image trace panel
first step to a website
a. Planning what is needed
2nd step tp webste
b. Designing what the web page will look and act like
3rd step to website
c. Creating the actual webpage
last step to wesbite
d. Testing the website
11. Which of the following is found in the photoshop effects area of illustrators effect menu?
a. Gaussian blur
12. Which profile preset uses Point as it default unit of measure in the dialog box for creating new documents?
13. What Is kerning?
d. The space between specific pairs of characters
14. Which description of working with a clipping mask in adobe illustrator is accurate
c. What is inside the path and may be applied to all objects within a layer
15. Cmyk should be used for images that will be used in which way?
b. Printed on an offset press
16. What adobe illustrator feature must be enabled so that a bitmap image file form photoshop, placed into illustrator will be updated whenever any changes are made to the original file in photoshop?
17. Which basic printing principle will help you make better decisions about printing these collateral materials?
b. A printers resolution affects the way your artwork appears when printed
18. Which type of information should be gathers before beginning any design work in order to make good decisions about designing the materials for the club?
a. List of reason why the club is making the new materials
b. Demographics of the clubs members
1. What is leading?
d. The spacing between lines of text
2. What are two advantages to the vector graphics common to illustrator over the bitmapped images usually produced in photo shop? Choose two
b. Images can be resized to any scaled with no reduction in quality /d. For images composed of lines and polygons, file sizes are comparatively smaller
3. What RGB values are needed to create the color white?
a. R=255, G=255, B=255
4. Which profile preset will change the default color mode to something other than RGB in the dialog box creating new documents?
a. Print cmyk
5. How would you place one illustrator file into another, so that updates made to the original would not automatically appear in the new illustrator file?
d. Disable link option
6. You want to design it so that on the final printed and trimmed menu the pattern runs over the edge of the artboardf and right to the edge of the paper. What is this called?
7. Before you begin to develop your ideas for the graphic design of the menu, which two of the following pieces of information would best help focus your ideas?
a. The theme of the restaurant //c. The owners color preferences
8. When distributing artwork that includes text in a font, which menu command will let you avoid having to include a copy of the font with the artwork?
b. Type>create outlines
9. What should your company present to the association to make sure that expectations for the work are clear and specific before your company starts design work on this project?
a. A project scope statement
10. One of the associations leaders sent you a picture of a clarinet to use in your artwork, but did not explain where she got it. Under which two circumstances would it be legal to use this image?
a. You discover that the picture is from the U.S national archives
b. When asked, the association leader explained that she took the picture herself, using her own clarinet
12. Which panel is used to edit the width, height, shear, and rotation of the existing shape in illustrator?
c. Transform panel
13. What is an accurate description of the gestalts principle of design
c. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts
14. Vector paths are made up of line segments connected at anchor points. Which two of the following statements about anchor points are true? Choose two
b. Corner anchor points connect two line segments /d. Corner anchor points connect two straight line segments
15. What is group isolation mode
a. A way to edit only the individual objects in a group while still seeing the objects outside of the group
17. Which view should be chosen in order to view the underlying vector structure without revealing the look?
18. Which file type is most commonly known to store bit map images
c. Portable network graphic
19. Which file format would represent illustrators resolutions independent images well and be common to the web?
20. Which description of working with a clipping mask is accurate? Whenever you do aclipping mask it cant be group
a. It displays what is inside the path and may be applied to all the objects within the layer
Sets with similar terms
Illustrator CC 2015 Certification Study Guide
Illustrator CC 2015 Study Guide
Other sets by this creator
global studies vocab chp 1&2
Other Quizlet sets
BZ Final Cards 16-30
Definitions, Postulates, Theorems Ch4
MKT 310: consumer learning and motivation