5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blanche K. Bruce
- American Dream
- Social mobility
- Reconstruction Period 1865-1876
- a ??? Whatever you make it as.
- b ability to move up or down the social ladder.
- c 1st Black to be elected US senator (was from Mississippi)
- d Period of rebuilding US after Civil War
- e Defense of a particular community by members of that community.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ability to find a temporary solution to an immediate problem.
- southern Whites attempt to regain control of South through violence.
- Assassinates President Lincoln; Andrew Johnson becomes President.
- Americans go to CA in search of gold.
5 True/False questions
The Quarter Act was passed which forced americans to house, feed, and clean the clothes of the "tax collectors" → False, Law passed by Parliament for Americans to house, feed, wash clothing of soldiers who were protesting tax collectors.
Ft. Sumter April 1861 → Lee surrenders to Grant to end American Civil War
Compromise of 1876 → ends Reconstruction Period; federal troops removed from South; Hayes becomes president, Tilden withdraws.
The 3/5 Compromise stated that "Blacks" were 3/5 of a citizen → False, is for voting purposes all persons not listed equals 3/5 of a citizen.
Muti-culturalism → ??? Whatever you make it as.