5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- American Dream
- The 1st Continental Congress was called in 1775 for the 13 Colonies to "unite in common defense"
- Republican Party 1856
- Dred Scott Decision 1857
- In 1783 the Treaty of Paris
- a US Supreme Court defines slavery; "once a slave, always a slave"
- b national political party founded to abolish slavery.
- c -end the revolutionary War
-America becomes a sovereign nation
-America expands to the Mississippi River
-American slaves who fought with the British were shipped to Jamaica.
- d ??? Whatever you make it as.
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide
- Amendment 1
- 1st Black to be governor of a state (Louisiana)
- no designated religion by governments.
5 True/False questions
Uncle Tom's Cabin 1852 → Novel written by Harriet Beecher Stowe about horrors of slavery.
Self-government → ability to choose representative to represent one's interests.
Militia → in absence of law or law enforcement, the community determines law.
America's Manifest Destiny is complete with the purchase of "Oregon Territory" from Britain. → Thomas Jefferson
Hiram Revels → right to express one's particular opinion or view.