5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What person's philosophy inspired Thomas Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence.
- The american revolution started with shots fired at
- Emancipation Proclamation January 1863
- 13th Amendment
- Compromise of 1876
- a Lexington
- b John Locke
- c abolishes slavery in US
- d Lincoln free slaves in some states as war measure.
- e ends Reconstruction Period; federal troops removed from South; Hayes becomes president, Tilden withdraws.
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, Land was given over to England from Appalachian Mts. To Mississippi River; British colonists(Americans) settle in as payment for helping to defeat French; Br. Parliament attempts to tax Americans for use of land.
- the presence and input of diverse races, cultures in American society.
- Defense of a particular community by members of that community.
- Period of rebuilding US after Civil War
- Novel written by Harriet Beecher Stowe about horrors of slavery.
5 True/False questions
The 3/5 Compromise stated that "Blacks" were 3/5 of a citizen → False, is for voting purposes all persons not listed equals 3/5 of a citizen.
The US constitution and Declaration of Independence were saved due to the "resourcefulness of Dolly Madison" → True
Compromise of 1850 → CA enters unions as a free state.
Mercantilism was a colonial system whereby the colonies existed for "social benefit" of the Mother Country → Lexington
Hiram Revels → the need for Americans to go wherever regardless of reason or excuse.