5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rugged Individualism
- PBS Pinchback
- What battles did American free blacks participate in
- In 1783 the Treaty of Paris
- Texas becomes a sovereign country in 1837 with Sam Houston's defeat of Santa Anna at the "Alamo"
- a -end the revolutionary War
-America becomes a sovereign nation
-America expands to the Mississippi River
-American slaves who fought with the British were shipped to Jamaica.
- b Succeed or fail on your merits.
- c False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
- d 1st Black to be governor of a state (Louisiana)
- e Valley, Saratoga, Bunker hill, Yorktown
5 Multiple choice questions
- people in a community meet to discuss issues of that community.
- Assassinates President Lincoln; Andrew Johnson becomes President.
- right to express one's particular opinion or view.
- False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide
5 True/False questions
The 1st American to die for American independence was → Samuel Adams
The "7 years War" was a conflict between England and France over empire. → Valley, Saratoga, Bunker hill, Yorktown
The 1st Continental Congress was called in 1775 for the 13 Colonies to "unite in common defense" → Samuel Adams
Uncle Tom's Cabin 1852 → Novel written by Harriet Beecher Stowe about horrors of slavery.
Hiram Revels → 1st Black to be US senator; was appointed (from Mississippi)