5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ku Klux Klan
- 54th Massachusetts
- The 3/5 Compromise stated that "Blacks" were 3/5 of a citizen
- Compromise of 1850
- a False, is for voting purposes all persons not listed equals 3/5 of a citizen.
- b CA enters unions as a free state.
- c southern Whites attempt to regain control of South through violence.
- d ability to choose representative to represent one's interests.
- e All Black regiment; represented Black contribution to Civil War
5 Multiple choice questions
- The chance to create or improve financial status.
- ??? Whatever you make it as.
- False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
- Novel written by Harriet Beecher Stowe about horrors of slavery.
- Thomas Jefferson
5 True/False questions
Appomattox April 1865 → 1st battle of Civil War; south wins early battles
Freedman's Bureau → Federal relief agency that assisted former slaves become citizens.
"Lord Dunmore" was the British general who promised freedom to American slaves if they fought on the British Side during the American Revolutionary War. → False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide
Militia → special days that Americans celebrate similarly across the country.
Social mobility → Defense of a particular community by members of that community.