5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is part of the Townsend Acts which imposed taxes on the Americans?
- The 1st President to serve one term of was
- Kansas/Nebraska Act 1854
- Texas becomes a sovereign country in 1837 with Sam Houston's defeat of Santa Anna at the "Alamo"
- a concept of Popular Sovereignty (will of the People decides slavery)
- b ability to choose representative to represent one's interests.
- c Molasses, stamps, sugar, paper
- d False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
- e Samuel Adams
5 Multiple choice questions
- concept of limitless boundaries of land. Go West.
- defines US citizenship by birth or naturalization Americans have two; state & US
- No limitation on how one can earn a living.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Succeed or fail on your merits.
5 True/False questions
13th Amendment → abolishes slavery in US
Robert E. Lee → ability to express disagreement with authority.
Paul Revere notified the Boston militia that the British were "coming by sea" to retrieve the stolen guns. → True
Muti-culturalism → the presence and input of diverse races, cultures in American society.
Republican Party 1856 → Lincoln, a Republican, elected President; south fears slavery abolished.