5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The nasopharynx contains the opening to the what?
- What is Bronchial tree?
- Basal lamina of alveolar epithelium and blood capillary endothelium are fused to form what?
- What are the Respiratory organs?
- Resonating chamber for speech?
- a the respiratory membrane through which
O2 and CO2 are exchanged
- b • Nose, nasal cavity, and paranasal sinuses
• Pharynx, larynx, and trachea
• Bronchi and bronchioles (smaller branches)
• Lungs and alveoli
- c extensively branching respiratory passageways
- d pharyngotympanic tube (auditory tube)
- e The nose
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stratified squamous epithelium
the ribs upward
- Deliver oxygen-poor blood to the lungs
- ~140 square meters
- Supplies body with oxygen and disposes of carbon dioxide
5 True/False questions
VRG → a pacemeaker which
generates respiratory rhythm and rate
with input from the pons and dorsal
respiratory group (DRG) in dorsal
What type of epithelium is the laryngopharynx? → Stratified squamous epithelium
Central chemoreceptors location → an active process
in inspriation diaphragm → flattens and moves inferiorly/
What functions for:
• Voice production
• Provides an open airway
• Routes air and food into the proper channels → Laryngopharynx