2. More neuro transmitters are released from the knobs of A
3. The Synapse becomes easier to cross for the Neurotransmitters (channels form)
4. The dendritic trees (dendrites on B develop more branches to receive the neuro transmitters from A)
5. Not important, but redundancy in the system
- Bio responses that increase the likelihood of behavior occurring again, does not need to be conditioned, these effects are relative and not intrinsic quality of the stimulus, processes: satiation and deprivation
- Bio prepared responses that we find painful and can endanger our survival, does not need to be conditioned, Effects are relative and not an intrinsic quality of the stimulus, processes: adaptation and the threshold effect, both use pavlovian wording
Assume a Waverly outlet store began August 2012 with 52 units of inventory that cost $13 each. The sale price of these units was$67. During August, the store completed these inventory transactions:
Determine the store’s cost of goods sold for August under the periodic inventory system. Assume the FIFO method. Compute gross profit for August.
You work for Nokia in its global cell phone group. You have been made project manager for the design of a new cell phone. Your supervisors have already scoped the project, so you have a list showing the work breakdown structure, and this includes major project activities. You must plan the project schedule and calculate project duration. Your boss wants the schedule on his desk tomorrow morning! You have been given the information in Exhibit .
It includes all the activities required in the project and the duration of each activity. Also, dependencies between the activities have been identified. Remember that the preceding activity must be fully completed before work on the following activity can be started.
Your project is divided into five major subprojects. Subproject "P" involves developing specifications for the new cell phone. Here, decisions related to such things as battery life, size of the phone, and features need to be made. These details are based on how a customer uses the cell phone. These user specifications are redefined in terms that have meaning to the subcontractors that will actually make the new cell phone in subproject " " supplier specifications. These involve engineering details for how the product will perform.
The individual components that make up the product are the focus of subproject "D." Subproject "I" brings all the components together, and a working prototype is built and tested.
Finally, in subproject "V," suppliers are selected and contracts are negotiated.
Evaluate the impact of making these changes using criteria other than just the time to complete the project. Do you think it would be in Nokia's best interest to try to make these changes in how it runs this and future cell phone design projects?
Argument Research an example of how print or television news coverage has led to a political change. Did coverage raise awareness of a social problem, or provide information about government corruption, or news about a personal scandal of a public official? Then write a brief argument essay summarizing the political change and whether the media involvement was positive, negative, or neutral. What impact did the media have on the political process?