"From the Dark Tower" By Cullen
Terms in this set (...)
Who wrote "From the Dark Tower"?
What is significant of the speaker in "From the Dark Tower"?
The speaker represents African Americans as a whole (We)
What figurative language is used in "From the Dark Tower"?
1. Describes night in a favorable way---lovely
2. Metaphor---- Night is compared to African Americans
3. Symbol---Buds that can only bloom at night---Symbolic of African American dreams that are crushed during the day
3. Night is the time to tend to seeds
Symbol---Seeds--- symbolic of hope for a better future-- holds more potential than buds
What is the tone in stanza 1, Stanza 2?
Stanza 1---Tone---angry, impatient, demanding
Stanza 2-----longing, sad, cautiously optimistic with seeds
Poetry through the ages
02. "In a Station of the Metro" by Ezra Pound
Night - Elie Wisel
HR Poem Themes and Analyses
"Refugee in America"
I Too Sing America -Langston Hughes