Lower-order needs satisfied extrinsically
1. Physiological - hunger, shelter, thirst, sex, etc.
2. Safety - security and protection from physical and emotional harm
Higher-order needs satisfied intrinsically
1. Social - affection, belongingness, acceptance, and friendship
2. Esteem - self-respect, autonomy, achievement (internal), status, recognition, affection (external)
3. Self-actualization - the drive to become what one is capable of becoming. Growth, achieving one's potential, and self-fulfillment