How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Upgrade to remove ads
depicts a network in broad scope.
1. A physical topology
2. Without _____________, a bus network would suffer from signal bounce.
3. In a ring network, each workstation acts as a(n) _________ for the transmission.
4. A complex combination of pure topologies is known as a ________ topology.
5. The most common logical topologies are __________ and ring.
6. A ______ is simply a linked series of devices.
7. In packet switching, when packets reach their destination node, the node _____ them based on their control information.
8. Collectively, MPLS labels are sometimes called a ___________.
9. All Ethernet networks, independent of their speed or frame type, use an access method called ___________.
10. A _________when two transmission interfere with each other.
Nearly all NICs contain (n) _________, device that transmit and receives data signals.
12. By far, the most popular expansion board NIC is one that uses a(n) ________ bus.
13. PCIe slots vary depending on the number of ______ they support.
14. CompactFlash is an example of a peripheral device attached to the computer's ______ bus.
15. The primary difference between the two USB standards is ____________.
16. _________ is a set of data or instructions that has been saved to a ROM (read-only memory) chip (which is on the NIC).
17. Each time a computer starts up, the device drivers for all its connected peripherals are loaded into ______________.
18. If the ___________ NIC LED indicator is blinking, the NIC is functioning and receiving frames.
19. A(n) ________________ is the circuit board wire over which a device issues voltage to signal this request.
20. _________ is a type of microchip that requires very little energy to operate.
21. ISDN PRI uses ___________ B channels and one 64-KbPS D channel.
22. The speed of a T-carrier depends on its ___________ level.
23. At the customer's demarcation point, either inside or outside the building, the T-carrier wire pairs terminate with a ____________.
24. A _______ aggregates multiple DSL subscriber lines and connects them to the carrier's CO.
25. Broadband cable requires many subscribers to share the same local line, thus raising concerns about _________ and actual (versus theoretical) throughput.
26. What sets ATM apart from Ethernet is its ________ size.
27. SONET's extraordinary __________ results from its use of a double-ring topology over fiber-optic cable.
OC (Optical Carrier) level
28. The data rate of a particular SONET ring is indicated by its _____________, a rating that is internationally recognized by networking professionals and standards organizations.
29. _________ networking refers to a dialing directly into a private network's or ISP's remote access server to log on to a network.
30. _________ is the preferred communications protocol for remote access communications.
31. In wireless communication, to exchange information, two antennas must be tuned to the same _________.
32. A directional antenna issues wireless signals along a(n) __________ direction.
33. In ________, a wireless signal splits into secondary waves when it encounters an obstruction.
34. ________ is a most significant problem for wireless communications because the atmosphere is saturated with electromagnetic waves.
35. In ________ wireless systems, the result is a point-to-point link.
36. In _________ scanning, the station transmits a special frame, known as a probe, on all available channels within its frequency range.
37. A unique characteristic of the 802.11 data frame is its ______ field.
38. The average geographic range for an 802.11a antenna is ________ meters.
39. ________ is the least popular WLAN standard.
40. An 802.11g antenna has a geographic range of ________ meters.
Upgrade to remove ads