Create an account
7. In packet switching, when packets reach their destination node, the node _____ them based on their control information.
9. All Ethernet networks, independent of their speed or frame type, use an access method called ___________.
Nearly all NICs contain (n) _________, device that transmit and receives data signals.
14. CompactFlash is an example of a peripheral device attached to the computer's ______ bus.
16. _________ is a set of data or instructions that has been saved to a ROM (read-only memory) chip (which is on the NIC).
17. Each time a computer starts up, the device drivers for all its connected peripherals are loaded into ______________.
18. If the ___________ NIC LED indicator is blinking, the NIC is functioning and receiving frames.
19. A(n) ________________ is the circuit board wire over which a device issues voltage to signal this request.
23. At the customer's demarcation point, either inside or outside the building, the T-carrier wire pairs terminate with a ____________.
25. Broadband cable requires many subscribers to share the same local line, thus raising concerns about _________ and actual (versus theoretical) throughput.
27. SONET's extraordinary __________ results from its use of a double-ring topology over fiber-optic cable.
OC (Optical Carrier) level
28. The data rate of a particular SONET ring is indicated by its _____________, a rating that is internationally recognized by networking professionals and standards organizations.
29. _________ networking refers to a dialing directly into a private network's or ISP's remote access server to log on to a network.
31. In wireless communication, to exchange information, two antennas must be tuned to the same _________.
33. In ________, a wireless signal splits into secondary waves when it encounters an obstruction.
34. ________ is a most significant problem for wireless communications because the atmosphere is saturated with electromagnetic waves.
36. In _________ scanning, the station transmits a special frame, known as a probe, on all available channels within its frequency range.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together