● Softening and overgrowth of gum tissue, tenderness, bleeding gums
● maintain good oral hygienee* (dental flossing, massaging gums).
● Folic acidd* supplements
● notify dentistt*
Interference w/ vit K-dependent clotting factors causing bleeding in newborns
● give prophylactic vit KK* to mother for 1 month before infant is delivered.
● Nystagmus, sedation, ataxia, double vision, cognitive impairment
● Stop med
Cardiovascular effects: dysrhythmias, hypotension
● Administer at slow IV rate (<50 mg/minn*) and in dilute solution
● Avoid giving to client who has
sinus bradycardia, sinoatrial block, or Stokes‑Adams syndrome.
Endocrine and other effects: Coarsening of facial features, hirsutism, interference w/ vit D metabolism
● consume adequate amounts of
calcium and vit D.
- dizziness, somnolence, aphasia,
double or blurred vision, headache, nausea or vomiting, depression
- headache, fever, stiff neck, nausea, vomiting, rash, sensitivity to light
- Can include life‑threatening rashes (Stevens‑Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis).
child: Cleft palate