5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bottleneck effect
- allopatric speciation
- No evolution by selection
- a large original population is suddenly reduced vastly in numbers, only a small number is left and it is likely that this new smaller population has lost alleles, therefore, drift has happened RANDOM
- b change in allele frequency in a population
- c selection can only act on _________ variation
- d a geographical seperation between species (type of speciation)
- e NO variation means....
5 Multiple choice questions
- Noticed geological features change over time, published thoery of gradualism
- type of selection that favors individuals at one end of the phenotypic range
- what kind of population experiences an increase in drift?
- mutations _______ happen, and has a _______ effect
- genetic composition of an individual
5 True/False questions
descent with modification → species observed today are the result of gradual change from a common ancestor
phenotype → result of the fusion of egg and sperm
Lyell → Noticed that the rate of change is generally constant, geology
reproductive isolation → the existence of biological factors that prevent two indviduals from interbreeding and producing viable offspring
sexual dimorphism → natural selection that is related to mating success includes the ability to locate males, courtship behaviors, ornaments the mates find attrative, etc.