5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gametic isolation
- Might, +,-, none
- bottleneck effect
- a Noticed that the rate of change is generally constant, geology
- b pre-zygotic barrier where mating succeeds but the sperm of one species is not able to fertilize the egg of the other species
- c mutations _______ happen, and has a _______ effect
- d large original population is suddenly reduced vastly in numbers, only a small number is left and it is likely that this new smaller population has lost alleles, therefore, drift has happened RANDOM
- e The changes a parent accumulates during their lifetime can be passed to their offspring, mechanism of change (giraffe example)
5 Multiple choice questions
- dirrences in size, color, shape, behavior, between the sexes. Ex. Red male cardinal, brown female cardinals.
- Person who discovered that fossils change over time, noticed geological change, thought a series of catastrophies were responsible for the change in oraganisms
- within a sex, acts on traits that affect success in competition with members of the same sex for mates
- gene flow tends to______ variation between populations
- Person who created scalae naturae, classifying organism with increasing complexity
5 True/False questions
will, +,-,none → gene flow_______ happen, and has a _________ effect
polymorphism → condition where there are two or more versions of a trait within a population
Natural selection → natural selection that is related to mating success includes the ability to locate males, courtship behaviors, ornaments the mates find attrative, etc.
mutation → change in in structure of a gene or chromosome, only way to create new alleles
reproductive isolation → pre-zygotic barrier where mating may be attempted but morphological, physical factors prevent the act of mating.