5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- peptide bond
- termination signal
- a sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- b The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- c a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- d change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
- e three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
5 Multiple choice questions
- a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
- type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
- codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
- process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- transcription enzyme that links RNA nucleotides together
5 True/False questions
genetic code → a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
protein synthesis → The process of producing proteins by bonding together specific amino acids in a specific order
anticodon → three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
transcription → process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
transfer RNA → type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis