5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- termination signal
- start codon
- a a nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins
- b sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
- c change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
- d a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- e codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
5 Multiple choice questions
- sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
- The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA
5 True/False questions
ribosomal RNA → type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
codon → sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
RNA polymerase → transcription enzyme that links RNA nucleotides together
protein synthesis → The process of producing proteins by bonding together specific amino acids in a specific order
anticodon → group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon