5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- termination signal
- a group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon
- b a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- c process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- d three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
- e the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA
5 Multiple choice questions
- a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
- transcription enzyme that links RNA nucleotides together
- change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
- The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
5 True/False questions
ribosome → small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
intron → sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
ribosomal RNA → type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
transfer RNA → type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
exon → sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.