PET Writing Part 1: First Set 19/2/2019
Terms in this set (31)
1) She is better at tennis than any other sport.
Tennis is her __________ sport.
2) Water is better for you than fizzy drinks.
Fizzy drinks aren't ___________ for you as water.
3) Magazines can be bought in this shop.
You ____________ magazines in this shop.
4) Sarah plays the violin very well.
Sarah is really __________ playing violin.
5) There are only a few parks in my neighbourhood.
There aren't very ___________ parks in my neighbourhood.
6) There are only a few cars in the car park.
There aren't ___________ cars in the car park.
7) He plays the guitar really well.
He's really _________ playing guitar.
8) If you want to drive a car, you need a driving licence.
You can't drive a car _________ you have a driving licence.
9) When she was young, she loved playing with Barbie.
She ________ love playing with Barbie when she was young.
10) There are six bedrooms in that house.
The house _______ six bedrooms.
11) I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla.
I like chocolate ice cream __________ vanilla.
12) She took a long time to decide what to eat.
She spent a long time ___________ what to eat.
15) They run because they want to get fit.
We want to get fit, _____ we run.
16) He doesn't enjoy sports, but he cycles every day.
_________ he doesn't enjoy sports, he cycles every day.
Although / Though / Even though
17) We prefer P.E. to Language.
We like P.E. _________ Language.
20) You can only be a teacher if you have a degree.
You can't be a teacher _________ you have a degree.
22) Cooking is not easy.
It is _____________ to cook.
difficult / hard
23) We're too young to drive a car.
We aren't ______________ to drive a car.
24) You should stop playing and do your homework.
If I were you, ________ stop playing and do my homework.
I would / I'd
25) He doesn't read much now but when he was a kid he loved it.
He ____________ read a lot when he was a child.
26) I prefer playing football to reading books.
I like playing football __________ reading books.
29) He finds maths boring.
He is ____________ by maths.
30) She sings better than anyone else.
She is ____________ singer.
31) It's too cold for swimming.
It isn't warm _____________ for swimming.
32) There is a bar in that restaurant.
That restaurant _______ a bar.
33) She must not smoke in the library.
She is not ____________ to smoke in the library.
244) Each building has 10 flats.
In each building _______ are 10 flats.
245) The city has about 20 parks.
In the city _______ are about 20 parks.
249) This is Mary's favourite book.
Mary likes this book ___________ any other book.
250) Dolphins are my favourite marine animal.
I like dolphins _________ any other marine animal.
253) I use my computer for writing emails to friends.
I use my computer _____ write emails to friends.