5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- articles of incorporations
- conglomerate merger
- sole proprietorship
- horizontal merger
- a A form of business ownership with a single owner who usually actively manages the company
- b A combination of two firms that are in unrelated industries.
- c type of franchising arrangement in which the franchisor makes a product and licenses the franchisee to sell it.
- d A combination of two firms that are in the same industry
- e The document filed with a state government to establish the existence of a new corporation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The transfer of total or partial ownership of some of a firm's assets to investors or to another company
- The contractual arrangement between a franchisor and franchisee that spells out the duties and responsibilities of both parties.
- The individuals who are elected by stock- holders of a corporation to represent their interests
- A corporation with a limited number of owners that operates under simpler, less formal rules than a C corporation.
- The most common type of business corporation, where ownership offers limited liability to all of its owners, also called stockholders.
5 True/False questions
institutional investor → An organization that pools contributions from investors, clients, or depositors and uses these funds to buy stocks and other securities
limited partnership → A voluntary agreement under which two or more people act as co-owners of a business and have unlimited liability for any claims against the firm
nonprofit corporation → The most common type of business corporation, where ownership offers limited liability to all of its owners, also called stockholders.
franchisor → a licensing agreement wherebu a franchisor allows franchisees to use its name, trademark, products, business methods and other property in exchange for monetary payments and other consideration
corporate bylaws → The basic rules governing how a corporation is organized and how it conducts its business