5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- horizontal merger
- corporate bylaws
- board of directors
- C corporation
- a A corporate restructuring that occurs when two formerly independent business entities combine to form a new organization.
- b The individuals who are elected by stock- holders of a corporation to represent their interests
- c The basic rules governing how a corporation is organized and how it conducts its business
- d The most common type of business corporation, where ownership offers limited liability to all of its owners, also called stockholders.
- e A combination of two firms that are in the same industry
5 Multiple choice questions
- A corporation that does not seek to earn a profit and differs in several fundamental respects from general corporations.
- The contractual arrangement between a franchisor and franchisee that spells out the duties and responsibilities of both parties.
- A form of business ownership in which the business is considered a legal entity that is separate and distinct from its owners
- A detailed description of all aspects of a franchise that the franchisor must provide to the franchisee at least 14 calendar days before the franchise agreement is signed.
- A form of business ownership that offers both limited liability to its owners and flexible tax treatment
5 True/False questions
stockholder → An owner of a corporation.
institutional investor → A combination of two firms that are in the same industry
sole proprietorship → A form of business ownership with a single owner who usually actively manages the company
limited liability partnership → A form of partnership in which all partners have the right to participate in management and have limited liability for company debts.
conglomerate merger → A combination of two firms that are in the same industry