Inspired & Inerrant
Inspired = "breathed in" (speech of God) - The HS "breathed in the human authors.
Inerrant = that it does not err.
Principal author of SS (Sacred Scripture)
* are there true authors besides God? -Explain
HS. Yes, human authors - "God Breathed"
Infallibility - 1st Kind =
2nd Kind =
Example of an infallible teaching...
B/C of the divine help of Christ himself, the CH cannot teach error in matters of faith.
1st = ex cathedra = "from the chair" - pope proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals.
2nd = bishops gather w/ pope regarding faith & morals.
ex: F: assumption M: abortion
List & Define the 4 senses of Scripture
1. Literal Sense: what the auth. intends to express; "by the letter".
2. Spiritual Sense:
Relation b/t Gen 5:1 and Mt. 1:1 (focus on word genealogy)
Genealogy: Mt. was telling us Christ was the new Adam. Scripture begins with Adam & ends w/ Christ
Pentateuch means; written by?
* What is the Greek for:
Genesis, Exodus, and Deuteronomy
5 Books; Moses
* G: Beg. Ex: Out of D: Second Law
What are 4 types of books in the Old Testament?
1. J: Yahwist = frequently use the Divine name "Yahweh"
2. E: Elohist = referred to God as "Elohim"
3. D: Deuteronomistic = identified as orig. aut. of Deuteronomy
4. P: Priestly = editor of all 5 books