5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry V
- Lead voice
- a the end of the building
- b location for a large cathedral where French kings were crowned, a successful pilgrimage destination
- c After seeing apprehension in the faces of troops, he gave a passionate speech that excited and rededicated his soldiers which led to a victory the next day.
- d sings first followed by the group voices.
- e superb horseman - Europeans adopted their war strategies - they were extremely fierce and scary - had a huge empire but didn't really have an impact because they never settled down and learned how to govern
5 Multiple choice questions
- was invented in the Song Dynasty.
- had his capital in Aachen and built a church similar to the Ravenna church - tried to be like Theodoric - expanded the empire - crowned the Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Leo III
- designated times and prayers
- was the fifth Aztec emperor. During his reign the Aztec Empire was consolidated, major expansion was undertaken and Tenochtitlan started becoming the dominant partner of the Aztec Triple Alliance.
- both Arian Christians and had a history of persecuting Catholic subjects.
5 True/False questions
Incas of Peru → were just as sophisticated and ruthless as the Aztecs. Left several interesting markings on the land.
Christopher Columbus → performers and/or also composers who would go from place to place singing poetry.
Kublai Khan → a Mongol leader in China, established a bureaucratic system and accepted Marco Polo
Windmills → initially so merchants could band together for safety, later for artisans to regulate quality and prices for their goods
Canterbury → Located in England (Thomas Becket's burial place) a popular pilgrimage site.