5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- King Aurthur
- Canterbury Tales
- Illuminated manuscripts
- Mount Baden
- King John I of Portugal
- a the battle between the Anglo-Saxons and the Britons was took place here.
- b Chaucer's greatest work, gives insights into the historical setting of the fourteenth century.
- c might be Ambrosius Aurelianus, a victorious leader of the Britons - many people wrote about him and he gained legendary status
- d manuscripts decorated with gold or silver to reflect light
- e founder of the Aviz dynasty. married an English princess whose family had a claim to the throne of Castile in Spain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an epic poem about a King of Sweden, who went on a quest and defeated fierce monsters.
- traveled on sea for two whole years, the longest recorded in history at that time (to India) and brought back spices
- The first major advancement of about 1400 in timekeeping since the water clock of ancient times.
- depicts the story of the conflict of William and Harold from William's point of view
- Name of the largest ethnic group in China. , Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy
5 True/False questions
Lateran Councils → Held in Rome from 1123- 1215. Thrust of the councils was to separate the church from secular influences, such as elimination of the involvement of kings and emperors in the election of the pope and the naming of bishops.
Guillaume de Mauchat & Geoffrey Chaucer → composers who emphasized ars nova in their music
chapels → small rooms located outside the ambulatory that have small altars for prayer or may have baptism fonts or confessionals, or might be places of burials for families. Sometimes decorated with paintings and other religious artifacts.
transepts → (1200-1521) they settled in the valley of Mexico. Grew corn. Engaged in frequent warfare to conquer others of the region. Worshipped many gods (polytheistic). Believed the sun god needed human blood to continue his journeys across the sky. Practiced human sacrifices and those sacrificed were captured warriors from other tribes and those who volunteered for the honor.
Arthur Koestler → A structure in society with three groups of people, each with different duties and privileges. Designated as follows:- The First Estate is the church and clergy, and their responsibility is to pray. - The Second Estate is the nobility, and their responsibility is to fight and rule- The Third Estate is the commoners, and their responsibility to work.