5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a city on Portugal's southern coast where Prince Henry the Navigator established a school
- b private adventurers who were encouraged but not financially supported by the Spanish crown.
- c A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world written in the story of Ramayana
- d place where the great battle between Roland's troops & the Spaniards at Roncesvals took place.
- e for those who would continue their studies by following a curriculum of arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, and music. - These graduates were awarded a Master of Arts degree.
5 Multiple choice questions
- large bows that were very powerful and could penetrate the heavy armor of the day. However they could not be effectively fired from horseback so not appropriate for knights.
- The earliest known signed piece by Perotin
- located in present-day Ethiopia was a powerful trading partner to Israel in the time of King Solomon.
- First major battle of the Hundred Year War. English archers defeated the French army and forced the French king to give up some of his kingdom.
- a civilization that flourished on what is now the sourthern coast of Peru from about 200 B.C. to A.D. 600.
5 True/False questions
Mendicant → "begging" order. Franciscans were called this.
Maslow's hierarchy of human needs → Physiological needs, safety needs, love and belongingness needs, self-esteem needs, self-actualization needs, (last part of the triangle as mentioned in class is Charity)
Spanish Inquisition → a practice where the king or local lord selected bishops for the region, a practice that had been insisted upon by several Roman and Byzantine Emperors as a way to ensure they had some control over the church.
Senegalese River → place where Florentine greats are buried. It's the place where a tomb is found for Dante yet it remains empty.
Fray Tomas Torquemada → Style used in the architecture of western Europe which included thick, massive walls, and arches and was used for fortress castles throughout Europe. Included elaborate decorated exteriors.