5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Incas of Peru
- long bow
- The first groups/individuals to begin to chant Gregorian style
- Sainte-Chappelle in Paris
- Doomsday Book
- a large bows that were very powerful and could penetrate the heavy armor of the day. However they could not be effectively fired from horseback so not appropriate for knights.
- b were just as sophisticated and ruthless as the Aztecs. Left several interesting markings on the land.
- c Introit, Kyrie, Gloria
- d William's census - population census and tax list that also recorded all of the possessions in the country, including animals and machinery
- e This small church was built as part of the royal palace. The windows cover nearly the entire surface of the walls and depict the stories of the Old and New Testament.
5 Multiple choice questions
- located in the city of Agra, built by Shah Jehan. Walls of the building are of white marble decorated with a floral pattern made of inlaid precious and semi precious stones and gold.
- Issued a tax on non-church land in France held by the clergy. Various political moves by both king and pope, including papal bulls and a threatened excommunication led him to seize Pope Boniface and hold him in prison
- the former name of England
- this country rebelled against Rome - revolt by Queen Boadicea - built Hadrian's wall
- the first person to completely sail around the world.
5 True/False questions
Third Crusade → the Anglo-Saxon kingwho successfully invaded, drove out the Vikings, and made himself king over all of England.
feudal system → developed when people tried to bring stability and peace to Europe - Lords, vassals (knights), and serfs
onion domes → these domes are a blend of several influences.
Guelphs → those who favored the papal (church) position
Henry III of England → King John's son. Rejected parliament and was thus refused money based on the Magna Carta policies.