Upgrade to remove ads
Chapter 3: "Spin"
Terms in this set (10)
1. What do we learn about Azar's character in this story?
He is sympathetic.
2. How was the war NOT like a game of checkers?
In checkers you can see the enemy, there is a winner and a loser, and there are rules.
3. How did the "old poppa-san" help the platoon? What was his special skill?
Old poppa San aided the platoon across mine fields He could walk through with out stepping on a mine and killing everyone.
4. What does Norman Bowker wish for, more than anything?
His dad write him a letter and say he does not care if he gets medals. I
5. What does Kiowa say when his rain dance doesn't work?
The earth is slow but the buffalo is patient
6. What did Azar do to Ted Lavender's puppy?
Azar straps it to a mine, explodes it, and then completely fails to understand why everyone is mad at him.
7. What does Azar say about his action?
He uses the puppies immaturity and youth as an excuse for his actions.
8. Identify in this story moments of beauty and/or serenity.
Azar giving the plastic leg kid a candy bar,
9. How is this story structured? What can you say about all these short sections?
all different small flashbacks or stories about everyone in the platoon
10. According to Tim, what are stories for?
Stories are for joining the past to the future. .His act of telling, which bridges the gap between past and present, helps both him and Kathleen more fully understand his war experience.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Things They Carried Chapter 3
The things they carried chapter 7-9
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
chapter 7 -10 french vocal
anatomy endocrine system test