5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Machine Needle sizing
- curved seams
- Flat Collars best for
- a bias binding
- b lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
- c 1.7 - 2.4 mm or 10-14 spi
- d finer fabric, smaller needle. 80/12 is normal.
- e reinforce areas that will be clipped
5 Multiple choice questions
- check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
- darts and curves
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
5 True/False questions
reinforcement → blind stitch on the machine #7.
serpentine → #4. lengthen to 1 1/2 and stitch so that the edge of the curve goes over the fabric.
sleeve board → Sew wrong sides together at 3/8, trim to 1/4, and then fold so that right sides together and then stitch at 1/4.
gathering techniques → secures the facing to allowances. at an 1/8 or closer.
clean finish → sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8