5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If machine is not working
- zig zag
- blind hem
- unlike curves
- a check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- b 1.7 - 2.4 mm or 10-14 spi
- c blind stitch on the machine #7.
- d #2 stitch on edge. Catch the outside.
- e start in the middle. Clip and notch. Reinforce
5 Multiple choice questions
- trimming to different lengths. typically 3/8 and a 1/4. Widest to the world. the larger of the grades sits underneath the top layer of fabric on the garment.
- 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
- Sew wrong sides together at 3/8, trim to 1/4, and then fold so that right sides together and then stitch at 1/4.
- sleeves or board
- cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
5 True/False questions
flat felled → sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8
under-stitching → is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
corner seams → reinforce areas that will be clipped
shirt tail hem → press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
Flat Collars best for → bias binding