5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- clean finish
- stitch and pink
- seams great
- Machine Needle sizing
- a 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
- b stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
- c finer fabric, smaller needle. 80/12 is normal.
- d sew at 5/8. wrap seams great along each edge and zig zag in place.
- e sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8
5 Multiple choice questions
- cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
- trimming to different lengths. typically 3/8 and a 1/4. Widest to the world. the larger of the grades sits underneath the top layer of fabric on the garment.
- darts and curves
- Crosswise yarn; semi stable. Hangs across the body. determines the weave.
- Sew wrong sides together at 3/8, trim to 1/4, and then fold so that right sides together and then stitch at 1/4.
5 True/False questions
clipping → cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
Techniques to make rolled collars behave properly when worn → bias binding
blind hem → on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
sleeve board → sew at 5/8. wrap seams great along each edge and zig zag in place.
Regulation → 1.7 - 2.4 mm or 10-14 spi