5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Prefrontal Cortex
- 5 inches
- Gizberg's Stages of Career Choice
- a Do more or less of 16-17 year olds have jobs? and 58% of 15 year olds do.
- b How Much can a Teen Grow in a year?
- c an understanding about the process that underlie memory that emerges and improves during middle childhood. By the time they enter the 1st grade and their theory of mind becomes more sophisticated, children have a general notion of what memory is and they are able to understand that some people have better memory than others.
- d Fantasy Period: career choices are made and discarded.
Tentative Period: Begin to think pragmatically about career choices.
Realistic Period: Explore career choices through experiences/training and settle on a career commitment.
- e The part of the brain that is underdeveloped in adolescent development and is believed to lead to impulsive, risky behavior. It is fully developed by the age of 25.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Occupations associated with getting things done.
- Occupations associated with relationships.
- The period of cognitive development between 7 and 12 years of age, characterized by the active and appropriate use of logic.
- Preconventional: rewards and punishment
Conventional: "good" boy or "bad" boy
Postconventional: concerned about the greater good
- Percent of teens who start college and actually finish.
5 True/False questions
Bicultural Identity → The maitence of one's original cultural identity while becoming integrated inot the majority culture.
Personal Fables → makes adolescene feel invincible
Formal Operations → The period of cognitive development between 7 and 12 years of age, characterized by the active and appropriate use of logic.
Secondary Sex Characteristics → characteristics that are associated with the development of the organs and structures of the body that directly relate to reproduction.
Pluralistic Society → The View of American society as a "melting pot" in which all cultures are amalgated