5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To which region did families immigrate to: Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- This was used in Virginia to encourage immigration by giving 50 acres of land to any settler who brought a servant.
- Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other?
- Mostly young and single European immigrants who entered into work contracts for a specified period of years in exchange for free passage to America and sometimes a promise of land at the end of the contract.
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- a New England
- b interdependent
- c Act of Toleration
- d headright system
- e indentured servants
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Half-Way Covenant
- New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
- The Great Awakening
- John Rolfe
5 True/False questions
He led a rebellion in Virginia against the autocratic government of Lord Berkeley in the late 17th century. → Nathaniel Bacon
How did 17th century English settlers of New England differed from those in Virginia? → living in tightly clustered communities.
Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians? → living in tightly clustered communities.
How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609? → self-government
What did the Maryland Toleration Act of 1649 provided toleration for? → most Christian churches