5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- This Puritan theologian was the leader of the first Great Awakening in New England.
- What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony?
- Where were women more commonly found: the Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- In the Mayflower Compact, what did people agree to be bound to?
- a headright system
- b Act of Toleration
- c the will of the majority
- d New England
- e Jonathan Edwards
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Half-Way Covenant
- John Winthrop
5 True/False questions
Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians? → superiority
What did Roger William oppose that the king of England did? → self-government
How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609? → promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
Who was one of the earliest advocates for religious freedom in American history? → The Great Awakening
This prominent New England clergyman helped bring the Salem witchcraft trials to a close. → Increase Mather