5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on?
- What was the first genuine unified movement of the American colonists?
- This Puritan theologian was the leader of the first Great Awakening in New England.
- What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony?
- What was James Oglethorpe's primary purpose for founding the colony of Georgia?
- a provide a refuge for English debtors
- b The Great Awakening
- c church membership
- d headright system
- e Jonathan Edwards
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nathaniel Bacon
- New England
- New England
- Roger Williams
5 True/False questions
Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians? → superiority
What did Roger William oppose that the king of England did? → give away land belonging to the Indians
What were two early example of colonial participation in government? → New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
This New York newspaper editor made a written attack on the corrupt royal governor and was arrested on the basis of seditious libel. However, after a trial, he was found not guilty. → John Peter Zenger
In 1635 he was banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony because he said that the government had no authority over the personal opinions of individuals. He founded Rhode Island as a colony for religious freedom. → Roger Williams