5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To which region did families immigrate to: Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- What emerged as a cash crop that caused Jamestown to survive as the first permanent British settlement in America?
- This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown.
- What was established when too few second- and third-generation Puritans were willing to testify publicly about their conversion experiences?
- What did Roger William oppose that the king of England did?
- a John Smith
- b give away land belonging to the Indians
- c New England
- d tobacco
- e The Half-Way Covenant
5 Multiple choice questions
- indentured servants
- The Great Awakening
- provide a refuge for English debtors
- Jacob Leisler
5 True/False questions
Did Anne Hutchison claim that believers could or could not communicate directly with God? → self-government
This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there. → Act of Toleration
What were two early example of colonial participation in government? → New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other? → The Great Awakening
What did the Maryland Toleration Act of 1649 provided toleration for? → most Christian churches