5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on?
- The colony of New Jersey was run as a privately owned estate. What was this kind of colony called?
- Did Anne Hutchison claim that believers could or could not communicate directly with God?
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609?
- a Act of Toleration
- b promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
- c could
- d church membership
- e proprietary colony
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Great Migration
- living in tightly clustered communities.
- Roger Williams
- New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
5 True/False questions
In the original 13 colonies, were slaves treated as property or citizens? → the will of the majority
What was established when too few second- and third-generation Puritans were willing to testify publicly about their conversion experiences? → self-government
A radical separatist group of English Protestants who settled at Plymouth in order to be left alone to lead a pure and religious life. → The Great Awakening
Which region was more successful: the Chesapeake Bay or New England? → Jonathan Edwards
This New York newspaper editor made a written attack on the corrupt royal governor and was arrested on the basis of seditious libel. However, after a trial, he was found not guilty. → John Peter Zenger