5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mostly young and single European immigrants who entered into work contracts for a specified period of years in exchange for free passage to America and sometimes a promise of land at the end of the contract.
- He led a rebellion in Virginia against the autocratic government of Lord Berkeley in the late 17th century.
- He led an uprising in New York in the name of King William IV against the Anglo-Dutch ruling elite.
- What was William Penn's primary purpose for founding the colony of Pennsylvania?
- A radical separatist group of English Protestants who settled at Plymouth in order to be left alone to lead a pure and religious life.
- a indentured servants
- b Jacob Leisler
- c provide a refuge for persecuted English Quakers
- d Nathaniel Bacon
- e Pilgrims
5 Multiple choice questions
- Act of Toleration
- Roger Williams
- John Peter Zenger
- New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
5 True/False questions
What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony? → The Great Migration
The name given to any prominent Englishman to whom the king granted vast areas of land in colonial North America. → give away land belonging to the Indians
This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown. → John Rolfe
Where were women more commonly found: the Chesapeake Bay or New England? → New England
The colony of New Jersey was run as a privately owned estate. What was this kind of colony called? → Increase Mather