5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An attempt by New England clergymen in 1662 to counteract declining church membership by allowing the children of church members to join even though they had not experienced salvation.
- Who provided a relatively cheap and abundant source of labor for Chesapeake tobacco planters?
- Who was one of the earliest advocates for religious freedom in American history?
- This Virgina settler married and experiments with growing tobacco in the colony.
- This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown.
- a John Rolfe
- b Half-Way Covenant
- c John Smith
- d indentured servants
- e Roger Williams
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Winthrop
5 True/False questions
What did the Maryland Toleration Act of 1649 provided toleration for? → self-government
A prominent humanitarian, he led a group of settlers and helped found the colony of Georgia in 1732. → James Oglethorpe
Mostly young and single European immigrants who entered into work contracts for a specified period of years in exchange for free passage to America and sometimes a promise of land at the end of the contract. → indentured servants
Did Anne Hutchison claim that believers could or could not communicate directly with God? → could
What did the Mayflower Compact provide a foundation for? → self-government