5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the Maryland Toleration Act of 1649 provided toleration for?
- What did the Mayflower Compact provide a foundation for?
- What did Roger William oppose that the king of England did?
- Which region was more successful: the Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- English Protestants who wished not only to rid the Church of England of its Catholic traditions, but also to reform English society; they came to New England to set up a model community as an example to the rest of Europe.
- a most Christian churches
- b give away land belonging to the Indians
- c self-government
- d Puritans
- e New England
5 Multiple choice questions
- living in tightly clustered communities.
- provide a refuge for persecuted English Quakers
- indentured servants
- Jonathan Edwards
5 True/False questions
What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony? → headright system
In 1635 he was banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony because he said that the government had no authority over the personal opinions of individuals. He founded Rhode Island as a colony for religious freedom. → The Great Migration
What was the first genuine unified movement of the American colonists? → self-government
Did Anne Hutchison claim that believers could or could not communicate directly with God? → could
In the Mayflower Compact, what did people agree to be bound to? → self-government