5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the Mayflower Compact, what did people agree to be bound to?
- Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians?
- What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony?
- He led an uprising in New York in the name of King William IV against the Anglo-Dutch ruling elite.
- Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other?
- a Jacob Leisler
- b the will of the majority
- c headright system
- d superiority
- e interdependent
5 Multiple choice questions
- Increase Mather
- indentured servants
- The Half-Way Covenant
- New England
- living in tightly clustered communities.
5 True/False questions
A radical separatist group of English Protestants who settled at Plymouth in order to be left alone to lead a pure and religious life. → The Great Awakening
What was the first genuine unified movement of the American colonists? → self-government
What emerged as a cash crop that caused Jamestown to survive as the first permanent British settlement in America? → tobacco
What was James Oglethorpe's primary purpose for founding the colony of Georgia? → provide a refuge for English debtors
This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown. → New England