5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which blood vessels return venous blood to the right atrium?
- A type of abnormal heart sound that may signify incomplete closing of the valves is
- What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen?
- Blood pressure is measured with the aid of an apparatus known as a(n)
- The aorta carries blood out of which chamber?
- a sphygmomanometer.
- b angina
- c a heart murmur.
- d superior and inferior venae cavae
- e left ventricle
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein? → It flows into the inferior vena cava.
Blood flow from the heart through blood vessels to all parts of the body and back to the heart is called → tunica adventitia.
The four structures that compose the conduction system of the heart are the → SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
Microscopic vessels that carry blood from small arteries to small veins are → superior and inferior venae cavae
The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the → parietal pericardium.