5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which blood vessels return venous blood to the right atrium?
- During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein?
- The aorta carries blood out of which chamber?
- The outermost layer of the larger blood vessels is the
- The wall of each chamber is composed of cardiac muscle tissue usually referred to as the
- a superior and inferior venae cavae
- b It flows into the inferior vena cava.
- c left ventricle
- d tunica adventitia.
- e myocardium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
- E wave.
5 True/False questions
The outer layer of the pericardium is called the → tunica adventitia.
Blood flow from the heart through blood vessels to all parts of the body and back to the heart is called → tunica adventitia.
Cardiac output is determined by → stroke volume and heart rate.
Blood pressure is measured with the aid of an apparatus known as a(n) → superior and inferior venae cavae
The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the → pericardium.