5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the
- During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein?
- Blood flow from the heart through blood vessels to all parts of the body and back to the heart is called
- Microscopic vessels that carry blood from small arteries to small veins are
- Which blood vessels return venous blood to the right atrium?
- a superior and inferior venae cavae
- b systemic circulation.
- c pericardium.
- d capillaries
- e It flows into the inferior vena cava.
5 Multiple choice questions
- SA node.
- a heart murmur.
- left ventricle
5 True/False questions
The outermost layer of the larger blood vessels is the → parietal pericardium.
Blood pressure is measured with the aid of an apparatus known as a(n) → sphygmomanometer.
Semilunar valves can be found in which blood vessel? → left ventricle
What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen? → parietal pericardium.
The wall of each chamber is composed of cardiac muscle tissue usually referred to as the → myocardium.