5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- are similar
- a the electronegativities of f-block elements ________
- b a neutral group of atoms held together by covalent bonds
- c what color light has the longest wavelength?
- d a specific portion of matter in a given region of space that has been selected for study during an experiment or observation.
- e negatively charged ions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a general term for a specific isotope of an element
- In general, a calculated answer cannot be more precise than the ________ measurement form which it was calculated.
- something that has magnitude, size, or amount
- states that if two or more different compounds are comosed of the same two elements, then the ratio of the masses of the second element combined with a certain mass of the first element is always a ratio of small whole numbers
- the mass of one mole of a pure substance is called the __________ of that substance
5 True/False questions
intermolecular forces → forces of attraction between molecules
isotopes → a particle of electromagnetic radiation having zero mass and carrying a quantum of energy
theory → a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
valence → a neutral group of atoms held together by covalent bonds
dimensional analysis → the mass of one mole of a pure substance is called the __________ of that substance