5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a sea of electrons
- octet rule
- 3.00 x 10^8 m/s
- enthalpy of vaporization
- a what color light has the longest wavelength?
- b speed of light
- c valence electrons in metal atoms can be modeled as ___________
- d atoms tend to achieve an octet of electrons in its highest occupied energy level when forming compounds
- e the strength of metallic bonds is given by __________
5 Multiple choice questions
- one atomic mass unit that is exactly 1/12 the mass of a _______ atom.
- the electronegativities of f-block elements ________
- a specific portion of matter in a given region of space that has been selected for study during an experiment or observation.
- describes mathematically the wave properties of electrons and other very small particles
- atoms of the same element with different masses
5 True/False questions
covalent bond → joins atoms together by sharing electrons
atom → the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
nonpolar → when one atom has a higher electronegativity than the other a _________ covalent bond will result
transition elements → what name is sometimes used to refer to the entire set of d-block elements?
atomic radius → the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element