5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- group 17
- 6.022 x 10^23
- conversion factor
- a a particle of electromagnetic radiation having zero mass and carrying a quantum of energy
- b a ratio of equivalent measurements
- c Avogadro's number
- d the first periodic table was published by_______
- e which group of elements is designated as the halogens?
5 Multiple choice questions
- the energy change that occurs when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
- what color light has the longest wavelength?
- a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
- the total number of protons and neutrons that make up the nucleus of an isotope
- whether a bond will be ionic or covalent depends on the difference in ____________ of the atoms involved
5 True/False questions
bond energy → the energy required to break a bond between two covalently bonded atoms
are similar → the electronegativities of f-block elements ________
no, never → Are leading zeroes ever significant figures?
molar mass → when one atom has a higher electronegativity than the other a _________ covalent bond will result
polar → when one atom has a higher electronegativity than the other a _________ covalent bond will result