5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- increasing atomic number
- least precise
- a sea of electrons
- a two quantities are ________ proportional to each other if dividing one by the other gives a constant value.
- b In general, a calculated answer cannot be more precise than the ________ measurement form which it was calculated.
- c valence electrons in metal atoms can be modeled as ___________
- d second ionization energies are ______ than first ionization energies
- e in the modern periodic table, elements are arranged according to _________
5 Multiple choice questions
- the lowest energy state of an atom
- Avogadro's number
- a form of energy that exhibits wavelike behavior as it travels through space
- states that if two or more different compounds are comosed of the same two elements, then the ratio of the masses of the second element combined with a certain mass of the first element is always a ratio of small whole numbers
- a positively charged ion
5 True/False questions
are similar → the electronegativities of f-block elements ________
covalent bond → a mutual electrical attraction between the nuclei and valence electrons of different atoms that binds the atoms together
lattice energy → the energy released when one mole of an ionic crystalline compound is formed from gaseous ions
molecule → two quantities are ________ proportional to each other if dividing one by the other gives a constant value.
Mendeleev → a general term for a specific isotope of an element